Life goes on and on

It had been a few days since our marriage, a month and a half to be precise. Not a lot had changed in the past month,Divyansh was still trying to move on from Guneet and I was still admiring him from afar.Its strange! isn't it? that Guneet gets to be close to him even after being apart from him whereas I and Divyansh are at a distance as long as the  distance between sun and the moon even though we are so close to each other in physical sense.

Apart from being still attached to Guneet,Divyansh had tried to be cordial with me.We had agreed to talk normally to each other without any awkwardness or obligations of the marriage and it seems to go on well till now.

We had managed to build a friendly rapport with each other and talk to each other about the happenings of each day at night before going to bed.

At this moment,it was night time again and as usual Mr.Sehgal came to the room,still dressed in the office attire,looking all tired.I looked up from my phone and smiled at him.I was on a break from work for this week as I feel exhausted from the recent projects.So,I decided to stay at home this week and let myself to relax and give time to myself.

Divyansh returned the smile and left his office bag on the bed and went into the closet to fetch his night clothes and came back to the bed after taking his shower.
While he was bathing,I decided to go to the kitchen to get him dinner.I always knew how to cook since I used to live alone after my college for my job for about 2 years and I had to learn cooking to feed myself.My parents had also made sure that their children learn basic life skills such as cooking,cleaning and stuff like that.So,cooking dinners didn't seem like a chore to me and since I was any which ways going to cook for myself today,I decided to cook for everybody including Divyansh.

I had cooked Biryani today.I heated the food and went back to our room to serve Divyansh his dinner.He talked about his day the office and asked about mine while having his meal.All of this seemed natural to us now,talking to him,chatting about our day,eating together and laughing like old friends when a funny incident pops up.There was a comfortable bubble surrounding us.

However, something was still missing,we had transitioned to being friends from mere aquaintances in school,oh coming to that,this boy didn't even recognise that I was in his school,his class to be specific for a whole freaking two years during high school.He said he doesn't remember any Anaisha from school while I was there still harbouring thoughts for someone I hadn't met after school only to notice that he didn't even spare me a glance enough to  remember me.Coming back to the point,We had surely started forming a great friendship but the connection that was there between a husband and a wife was still missing.Although I can feel the sparks and some moments between us that make me think that maybe just maybe there is a future for this relationship but then something or the other happens that makes my thoughts turn into thin air.

Clearing his throat,Divyansh bought me out of my thoughts.He said,"Biryani tastes super good.I need to kiss the chef's hand to thank her for the heavenly delicious food.So,may I?".Hearing this made me surprised would be an understatement, because he has never ever even remotely tried to flirt with me.
Nevertheless,I meekly nodded my head with a shy smile and forwarded my hand and said,"Sure Mr.Sehgal,the hand and its owner are all yours."

He seemed surprised at my statement but what surprised me more was that instead of kissing my hand like he said,he leaned over and kissed me on my cheek and said,"That I know Mrs.Sehgal and I intend on keeping it that way."

This had me blushing and thinking about his statement.What does he mean by that?Does he want to give this relationship a chance?Ughhhh I don't know.
But what I knew for sure was that this thought made me happy and as I felt the bed dipping beside me,I slept off with a content smile on my face.
___________________________________________That's it for this chapter guys.I am sorry for the delay though but I have been super busy with my college and stuff but I will try to update as soon as I can.Do let me know your thoughts for this chapter.

Take care till next time.