Chapter 19 : triggered

triggered
/ˈtrɪɡəd/
adjective~(of a mechanism) activated by a trigger.
"a triggered alarm"
(of a response) caused by particular action, process, or situation.
"a triggered memory of his childhood"

N a t h a n. POV

A Week had passed and I was miserable! Mainly because Yeri had been avoiding me and the only time we got to talk to eachother were when we had meetings about the fundraiser happening literally tomorrow or when we would meet up for Bible study , which only happened twice a week . It made me wonder whether I did something wrong.

We were currently all at the ice cream parlor Amitola recommended for us to hold our meetings at with Jin , Jisoo , Mr and Mrs Choi and my Mom who was very excited to help when I asked her , she  even dragged Alfred into this too. We were going through some final touches for the fundraiser. "It's probably going to be best if we begin around 8 am , most students will be at the street in the evening so it's best we're there early" Jin said . We were holding the fundraiser at the park which was close to the entrance of the street , giving us a great advantage to not only gain attention, but gain customers , "I don't know , most people will be out around 5 to 8 pm , if we start early we might not have enough supplies for when a lot of people are out" Jin's Dad , Mr Choi, spoke , "my goodness, can we decide!" Amitola demanded , she seemed tired and I was too , we had been talking about the time for a while now and Amitola who was editing the flyers was getting irritated by constantly changing it . Amitola , Yeri , Jeremiah and I were on flyer duty while Konane , the twins , their parents , Alfred and my mom would handle all the baking . Now that I think about it , Yeri is not here yet , she's usually not this late to our meetings .

Just then the bell above the door of the ice cream parlor rang and Yeri ran over to us, "I'm so sorry I'm late!" She said panting , she looked as if she had just ran a marathon, "I thought we could use some more help to hand out the flyers" she added as I noticed that Yeonjun was with her and honestly, I didn't like that he was here . "Oh who's this dashing young man!?" Mrs Choi , the twins Mom , asked , "I'm Yeonjun , I had visited your café like twice before what happened , I'm really sorry about it" Yeonjun said with a pitiful smile on his face , "he was at the café when the incident happened too" Yeri added , "oh well nice to meet you and I'm glad you're okay..........oh and don't worry , when you visit the new one , we'll make sure your life won't be in danger" Mrs Choi said smiling at Yeonjun as he laughed .

"I don't like him" my Mom whispered as I let out a small laugh , I don't either Mom. She was aware of how I felt about Yeri , she did yell at me for telling Dad first and not her but she soon came to accept it ,besides that , she said that she could tell Yeri liked me too and that instead of keeping her in the dark I should tell her I feel the same , something I was planning to do during the week but considering how she kept avoiding me , I really didn't have the chance .

"So are you done with the flyers?" Yeri asked Amitola who sat next to me on my right , "I would be , if these guys could just decide on a time!" Amitola said ,well more like shouted so the others could hear her  , "fine! What about 10 am , giving these guys 2 hours to hand out the flyers while we prep" Konane said and everyone agreed on it .

"Hey Amy , there's nothing going on between Yeonjun and Yeri right?" I quietly asked Amitola who was now sending the flyer design into her flash drive to print it out , "I don't know and even if i did, why would it matter to you?" She coldly replied, what she said took me by surprise, "well......." . "Look Nate here's the thing , Yeri has had a crush on you for like a year now! And now that she's finally moved on , please let her be , you're like a brother to me but Yeri is like my sister and I want her to be with someone who loves her as much as she love them""but.......I do love her" I finally said as Amitoals eyes widened , "you what?!" "I like Yeri , I was planning on telling her this week but she practically treated me like some infectious disease and completely avoided me" I replied as she continued to stare at me , "wait , so you like her!? But didn't you tell her that you had your eyes on someone like 2 to 3 weeks ago?" Amy asked , trying her best not to yell despite the confusion she was in , "yeah and that someone was her , I probably shouldn't have said that though" , "you think!?" Amy said as she pushed her laptop away to properly face me , "why didn't she ask me who the person was though?" I asked as I now had her full attention, I mean , if I was in Yeris' situation that's what I would have done , "I told her to do exactly that but it seems she didn't listen" Amitola said getting a glance at Yeonjun and Yeri who were together at another table , "you don't think they're....." , "dating? I hope not"Amy said.