Chapter 26 : K

K o n a n e. POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm , I groaned as I tried to switch it off but failed miserably. This thing was pissing me off. Out of anger and unimaginable annoyance I punched the clock as it dropped with a loud thud , broke and finally turned off . Note to self : get a new clock.

I tried my best to go back to sleep but it seemed that wasn't going to happen . I stood up and noticed I was still in yesterday's outfit , I walked over to the bathroom, took a shower and had a change of cloths before walking out of the bedroom . The living room was empty , contrasting its usual busy nature . On a normal day , I would be making some breakfast for the guys while Liam and Jeremiah would be playing video games with the volume on full blast and Nate would be drawing something in his sketch pad, wearing headphones and listening to music so loud he wouldn't even notice if the building next to us had exploded . But now it was empty , the TV was off , the counter had no pencils and erasers on it and the sweet scent of my muffins was absent . Nate usually doesn't have breakfast , it would take all three of us to constantly remind him to eat something , I walked over to the refrigerator to look for something I could make for him and I to eat . I started to prepare everything before my eyes landed on the door written "Nate & Liam" in all caps and bold letters . I checked the wall clock and it was  9 A.M , I walked over to knock on his door but hesitated, "he needs more rest" I said to myself before retreating back to the kitchen area . I placed the muffins on a plate and wrote a note to Nate to make sure to eat before I went into my room , where I plan to stay for the rest of the day .

I walked over to my desk which was pretty simple . Everyone else decided to personalize their stuff , Nate had an architect table and a smaller but yet over engineered desk next to it , making it look like some sort of evil brainiac sat at it and went through plans and designs for an evil invention . Liam's desk had a Harry Potter theme going on with it , he's extremely into books and the Harry Potter franchise has to be his favorite , he even has a signed copy of the book by members of the movies cast . Jeremiah being the gamer he is had a gaming system set up , apart from the console in the living room , he had a gaming system decked out with a gaming chair , an LED CPU and 3 gigantic screens at his desk, something he managed to buy after hours of work at a café near buy . And then there was my desk , pretty simple honestly, nothing but my books , laptop and a comfortable but vintage office chair I found at a furniture thrift store, the only eye catching thing I had was the signed football jersey framed above it of Jasper Horsted who not only was 3 years older than me making him an even more relatable role model but is also an alumni . Hopefully I can meet him at this years Princeton reunion.

Every year Princeton holds a reunion ball where alumni return and give motivational talks and speeches, it's honestly a great opportunity to meet poeple you look up to , people who possibly made you want to come to Princeton in the first place .

The event is held at the end of the year after the exams and speaking of which , I have to study hard for them because I for one don't want to be repeating courses in my final year . I decided to open my laptop , get a note book , play some Lofi music at a low volume and get to work , I wasn't in the mental state to do so though and just decided to watch some highlights from any football game that happened yesterday whilst waiting for the afternoon to arrive so we can visit Jeremiah.

Time passed by so fast that it was already 2PM, I decided to watch a show a few hours back and haven't moved since . I heard a knock at my door before Nate came in , he looked disheveled, he wore a wrinkled white tee and red shorts with his hair messed up to the point he had bangs covering a quarter of his face , he then leaned on the door frame before he spoke , "it's almost 3 I think we can visit Jeremiah now" he said with a throaty voice , bringing that to my remembrance , "oh sure , let me just pack up" I replied standing up from my chair , "pack up?" He asked as he walked into the room , "yeah , I figured I should be the one to stay with him at the hospital for the first few days , you guys don't seem to be alright" I responded grabbing a duffel bag from my closet and a few cloths , Nate nodded before seating on Jeremiah's bed , "hey K" Nate called , I haven't heard him call me that in ages! , "yeah" I answered as I got my back pack and put my laptop into it , "thank you......." Nate said looking at his lap as he fiddled with his fingers , I looked at him confused and even though he didn't look up he could tell I was wondering what he was talking about .