chapter 35 : Plan

A m i t o l a.  P O V

It was a brand new day.

No tests to worry about.

I could finally rest.

But that could only happen once I got something out of the way.

I got up and walked into the living room , where I  found the person I needed to talk to comfortably seated on the sofa.

"So.....can you explain now?" I asked, "not even a good morning?" Yeri cheekily replied , getting an eye roll from me as she lightly giggled. I sat down right next to her , my eyes not leaving her face.

All she did was look at her phone screen.

"Nate was pretty mad...." I started. She stopped scrolling, but then continued, "........and heart broken" I added.

She sighed as she finally put her phone down and turned her head to face me.

"And what should I do about that?" She coldly asked.

What?!

"What do you mean "and what should  I do about that" , Yeri , you should explain to him that it was an accident..............wasn't it?"

Quiet , she begun to play with the hem of her pajama shirt before she spoke.

"I don't want to talk to Nate."

"Ugh, did you guys have ANOTHER fight?" I asked , "no........well......yes. so here's what happened...." She responded, getting ready to fill me in on all the details.

And my goodness......I realised this was my fault.

"Do you get it now? He threatened and accused Yeonjun and then lied to me, I don't want to involve myself with such a person and as cold as it sounds.....I don't care what he felt when he saw Yeonjun kiss me , it can't be as bad as how I feel knowing that the guy I really REALLY liked....... ended up being a terrible person" she explained.

Man. I never should've told Nate about Yeonjun manipulating Yeri, I didn't think he would go out and threaten to beat up the guy!

But for some reason, that felt off.............Nate doesn't seem like the person to do that and regarding the manipulation he wasn't wrong........I still strongly believe that Yeonjun is toying with Yeris' guilt. I just can't prove it.

Figuring out how to do that wasn't my priority though, mending Yeri and Nate's messed up relationship was. He might have threatened someone but he only did that in an attempt to protect Yeri , protect her from something I told him , something I wasn't a hundred percent sure of myself.

She thinks he's some horrible dude when in reality...............he was trying to keep her safe and it's sad that in an attempt to do that , he just made more distance between them which in turn will inevitably make it harder for him to protect her.

"And you want to know the worst part........he had the nerve to tell me he loved me while blatantly lying about the fact he didn't just try to browbeat someone! I can't believe I actually kissed that guy!" She yelled, I looked at her before her last words finally processed in my head "wait.....you guys kissed?!" I excitedly asked , but Yeri looked gloomy, "yeah..........the worst part is that I actually enjoyed it.........his lips were so soft! To think it's the same lips that spewed lies right infront of my face........I thought I could trust him" she spoke, whispering the last sentence.

They had kissed?

It took me a while to process everything and soon enough I had an idea.

I couldn't just tell Yeri that I was the one who told Nate that Yeonjun was manipulating her , she already felt betrayed by Nate and me backing him up would only do more damage .