Chapter 27 : Birthday (Part 1)

2 months later

J e r e m i a h . POV

"I just think , redecorating the kitchen would be an amazing present to get him!" I exclaimed as the others rolled their eyes , "Jeremiah WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM A KITCHEN FOR HIS BIRTHDAY!!" Amitola yelled for the nth time now . We were currently discussing what we would get Konane for his birthday which was 2 days away , we had already made a reservation for dinner at a restaurant he always wanted to go to that served exotic cuisines but we hadn't decided on a birthday present for him , "why don't we just each get him a different present , I personally don't see this group effort working out" Lara said placing her hand on my shoulder, "Sure , but don't get mad when Konane likes my present more!" I snared at Amitola as she once again rolled her eyes .

We were all in our apartment, except Konane who was at the gym . Tryouts for the Football team were coming up and he wants to prep extra hard to get a chance at getting picked.

The past 2 months weren't as hectic as the beginning of the semester thankfully. The most exciting thing that happened was when the cops found the person who shot me , who Yeri noticed was also the same person who set the bomb at Mr and Mrs Choi's café AND was the same person who was responsible for the power going out at the hospital. Words can't express how angered Yeri was , she was so mad at the fact that the cops didn't arrest him when he bombed the café . blaming them for everything that happened after and I'm on her side , if they got him the first time  , I wouldn't have been shot and Liam wouldn't have almost died .

It's wild to think that most of his , let's say......attacks....were so racially motivated, the protests are over and most attacks and news of aggressions towards people of colour and what not have died down in our area.

With the police now putting in more care into such situations, let's just say......things felt a lot safer.

Speaking on Liam , he's still in the comma but he's showing more and more signs of waking up everyday , heck just last night he moved his hand , the doctors say that soon enough he'll be wide awake .

Apart from that nothing significant happened , at least for me .

"Amy your phone's ringing" Lara said before Amitola walked over and answered her phone , "Hi Benjamin!" She said before walking out the apartment to take the call . Her and Benjamin got close but Amitola says it's just because she's helping him out with his book , which is set to be published any day now , as someone who's not into reading , I'm not as excited as everyone else. Benjamin seemed to have backed off as we haven't heard a single complaint from Amitola about him , which I hope is true considering that Liam could wake up anytime soon and I wouldn't want any drama to ruin that .

You could say things were as normal as they could be right now .

N a t h a n . POV

"What about this!?" Yeri asked as she pulled out an emerald geeen jacket from the stack she brought with her , "Yeri , it's just a birthday dinner , not my wedding" I responded as she pouted , something I found horribly cute , "I give up Nate! You need to look presentable, it's Konanes 23rd birthday!" She complained as I stood up and walked over to her , "exactly, it's his 23rd birthday, it's not like his turning half a decade old" I said as I wrapped my hands around her and placed a small kiss on her forehead, "Nate what did I tell you about this?" she said looking up as I groaned and let go of her . Though it's been 2 months since her and Yeonjun broke up , we haven't officially become an item yet even though I feel both of us are ready to take our relationship a step further , Yeri on the other hand seems to need even more time , especially with the whole cop situation, she basically has a hatred for them now but part of me believes it has something to do with someone else and I really hope that isn't true .