Part 21

The rest of the day went by pretty well. We all goofed around and ordered pizza for lunch. I finally feel like I have found people that I can actually get along with without having to try. I mean, besides Amy. Will has always been a struggle after Mike. After we ate, everyone decided that they wanted to go swimming. 

I ran up to Colby's room and found one of the few swimsuits I brought and went to the bathroom to change. I picked out a simple black two-piece, but they were a little more on the skimpy side. Not that I minded. I quickly put my hair up into a slightly messy bun and made my way back downstairs. 

"Hey, M," Kat said from the kitchen. "Want a White Claw?" 

"Sure," I responded.  

Kat threw me my drink and I made my way outside to join everyone else. Devan was out sunbathing, so I found a spare towel and laid it out next to her. 

"Mind if I join you?" I asked as I layed out next to her. 

"Not at all," She said. 

We layed there for a few minutes before she spoke up and said, "It's good to have another girl in the house."  

"I bet," I replied. "I grew up with brothers so I can only imagine how much it is to handle sometimes." 

"I didn't know you had brothers," She said. 

"I don't really talk about them much," I told her. "Not that I don't love them and text them. We all just went our separate ways after we all moved out." 

"That's fair," She responded. 

We layed out, Kat joining us eventually, before we felt a bunch of water being splashed on us. 

"What the fuck, Sam?" I heard Kat exclaim as I sat up. 

I saw all the boys, Sam with an empty bucket, laughing at us. They had poured a bunch of water on us. 

"Colby fucking Brock!" I exclaimed while Kat and Devan kept yelling at them. 

"What?" Colby asked. "It was funny!" 

"It won't be funny when I get you back," I told him as I stood up. "I grew up with brothers, remember?" 

"I'm sure it won't be that bad," He said. 

"You'll just have to wait and see," I said as I stood there. 

I was able to take a good look at Colby. He was obviously shirtless, but goddamn. I don't think I'll ever get over the way his abs look, or the way the tattoo over his heart is so cute to me. His hair was wet, but it honestly made him look even more attractive. 

"You wanna go in the pool?" Colby asked me. 

"Sure," I responded. 

Colby and I walked over to the edge of the pool, and Colby pushed me in. 

"Colby!" I shrieked as I came out of the water. "You are such an asshole!" 

"Does that mean the revenge is going to be even worse?" He asked. 

"Yes," I replied. "Now will you help me out of the water? I don't want to swim with you if you're gonna be an ass." 

"Fine," He replied, beaten. 

He reached a hand out, and when I grabbed it, I pulled him into the water with me. I just laughed at him as he came up for air. 

"Okay," He said. "You got me." 

"And that wasn't even supposed to be the fun part," I told him. 

By now, everyone had gotten back into the pool, and they were just watching the whole thing go down. 

"Damn, Colby," Jake said. "Might be careful with her." 

"I can see that," Colby told Jake. "Now I'm scared for however she is going to get us back." 

"That is for me to know," I said. "And you five assholes to figure out." 

We all swam around for a few more hours before we finally decided we had swam enough. We went inside and I took a quick shower before changing into black sweatpants and a black sports bra. I put my hair into two french braids and then I went downstairs to join everyone else.  

"Hey guys," I said as I walked in and sat on the couch next to Colby. 

"Hey," They all responded back. 

"We should watch a movie," Jake suggested. 

"Which one though?" Corey asked. 

"I don't know," Jake responded. "I figured you guys could think of something." 

"What if we watched the new slender man movie that came out?" Sam suggested. 

"Really Sam?" Kat asked. "A horror movie?" 

"I'm down," Jake said. 

"Same," Corey said. 

"I don't really care what we watch," Colby said. 

"Me neither," I replied. 

"I'm out," Devan said. 

"Come on," Sam said. "It's six against two. You two can choose where we go to dinner later." 

"Fine," Devan and Kat agreed. 

"Yay!" Sam said as he looked for it on the TV. 

Once he found it, he pressed play. I've always been a horror fan, but I've never really had anyone to watch them with because Amy and Will were somewhat scaredy cats. Kat and Devan went to make popcorn so they wouldn't have to watch some of the scary parts. I, on the other hand, hung onto the plot like my life depended on it. 

As the movie continued on, I got more comfortable and leaned into Colby a little bit. He wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my back slowly, which I didn't mind. The movie was almost over and we were all in the room, trying to figure out how it was going to end, when all of a sudden, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pant pocket and read the contact...

Unknown Number 

"Maybe it's a scam?" Aaron suggested. 

Deep in my gut, I had a feeling it was Mike, but it could just be a scam like Aaron suggested, so I didn't answer. 

"I'll answer if they call back," I said. 

A few more minutes passed and the movie had just ended when my phone began to ring again.