Chapter 9

Then the summer break started and I went home. At the train station, I hugged Dad tightly and he hugged me back. I saw a black dog next to him and hugged him too.
„Hey Padfoot," I whispered to him. Together we went home and I told them about Cedric. They listened and tried to comfort me.
„Dad, Sirius. I have to tell you something," I then said.
„What is it?" Dad asked and Sirius looked at me.
„I know what I want to do after school."
„That's great. What do you want to become?" Sirius said.
„I want to be a musician."
„Wow, that's amazing. Just remember to invite us sometimes," Dad said and smiled.
„I'll start playing a few gigs sometimes."
„That sounds good. I'll inform everybody at the order for when they need a singer for an event."
„Thanks, Dad."
„No problem."
„We have your back," Sirius said smiling.
„You're the best," I said and we talked the whole day about my career.
„I have to tell you something too," Dad suddenly said.
„What is it?" I asked.
„I started dating again..." He confessed.
„Finally, you deserved that after mum's death. What's her name?" I was really happy.
„Uh, her name is Nymphadora Tonks. Are you sure it's okay with you?"
„Of course. But I want to meet her soon," I said.
„I invited her for next week and if you want you can come to the order meeting too."
„Great!"
Soon the next week started and the bell rang. I opened the door and there stood a woman.
„Hello, I'm Tonks." She introduced herself.
„Oh, I'm Y/n. Dad is in the kitchen, come in."
„Thank you." We walked to the kitchen.
„Hey Dad, your girlfriend is here," I said smiling.
„Oh, hey Dora. I'm ready in a sec. Maybe you two could go to the living room," He said and I saw that he was nervous. So I led Tonks to our living room. There we sat down and talked a little till Dad came. I told her about my music and she about her work.
„When I was young I accidentally scared Dad and his friends. I changed my eye colour while I sneezed," I told her laughing.
„You're a metamorphmagus?" She asked.
„Yeah."
„Me too."
„Really?"
„Yeah." She changed her hair colour and then I changed mine. At this moment Dad came in with a cake. He looked at us and we just grinned at him.
„I see you two get along very well." He chuckled and we nodded. Then we ate the cake and talked a lot. The next week Dad and I went to the order meeting and when I saw Dora I hugged her. We were like best friends. Of course, I hugged Sirius too and shook the other's hands. It was a nice meeting and I liked everyone there.
I played a few gigs at birthdays and even a few small clubs in the last weeks. Dad, Sirius and Dora supported me and came to every possible gig. I loved standing on the stage and consumed the applause after every song. I played ‚In the stars' at one of my gigs, I played it for Cedric. I missed him every day. Dad and Dora were at the order meeting the last week but I didn't want to go. I stayed at home and wrote songs.
When my last year started I was really popular and almost everyone wanted my autograph. It felt nice but sometimes it was too much. We also got a new teacher for dada and nobody liked her. Not even me and I liked every teacher. She was completely pink and seemed not as friendly as she acted.
In our first lesson, we were forbidden to use our wands and I couldn't believe that she thought that Cedric's death was an accident. I tried to stay calm but when she said that, a tear ran down my cheek. So I looked down and wiped it away.
„What is it dear?" Professor Umbridge asked in her sweet voice.
„Cedric Diggory was her boyfriend," Someone answered her. Now I couldn't hold my tears anymore and ran outside. I ran and ran. I just wanted to be alone but I didn't see someone coming and ran into this person. I fell and when I looked up I saw the twins.
„Hey, Y/n. Are you okay?" George asked while both helped me up.
„Not really..." I said.
„What happened?" Fred asked and both hugged me.
„Umbridge said that Cedric's death was a tragic accident," I explained and they pulled me closer.
„Come, we'll help you to feel better." They took me with them and we walked to their common room. There they showed me their newest inventions. I was stunned.
The next weeks weren't better and I tried to avoid conversations with Umbridge. When I heard about the DA I joined immediately and was able to help them. They used the secret room which was found by Neville. I was older than most of them and taught them some other spells. We learned Stupify and I should show it to them. My partner was Harry.
„You sure 'bout this, Harry?" I asked him.
„Yeah, do it," He answered and in the background, I saw Fred and George betting.
„Okay. Stupify!" I said and he flew against the wall while I just stood there. I was good at this subject and Dad and I trained often. Also, I was allowed to use my wand at home because I'm seventeen now. „You okay?" I asked and he stood up slowly.
„Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Well done," He said and I walked to the twins.
„So, who won the bet?" I asked.
„I did," George said proudly and I laughed.
„You two are impossible," I said.
Soon the winter break started and this time we all came to the house of Sirius. I hugged him tightly when we arrived and I also greeted the others. Christmas was great and we had a lot of fun.
The next year started and we met in the secret room and Harry wanted to teach the Patronus charm. All over the place, I heard them saying the spell. I just thought of the spell and a fox came out of my wand. Neville saw it and dropped his wand.
„How'd you do that?" He asked and a lot turned to us.
„My father taught me the spell two years ago and I don't need to say the words loudly," I explained. Everyone was impressed. Suddenly a hole in the wall appeared and Harry went there to look what it was. He stumbled back and the wall exploded. Umbridge and some Slytherins came in and everyone tried to flee. I stayed with Harry and we got detention.
I had detention the next day and hummed the whole time. It helped to keep my pain down. After a long time, I was dismissed and walked back to my common room or better I tried. On my way, I broke down. I just laid there and closed my eyes. After some time I heard someone but didn't have the energy to stay up.
„Y/N!!" I heard Fred screaming and they ran to me.
„What happened?" George asked but I was too weak to answer. They took me to the hospital wing and I fainted.
The next day I woke up and looked around. I tried to get up but Madam Pomfrey came and put me back down. She gave me something to drink.
„Here are some guests for you," She said and Fred and George came in.
„Y/n, you're awake," They said happily.
„What happened yesterday?" Fred asked.
„Umbridge," I said and showed them my hand.
„Argh, this..." George started and I knew what he wanted to say.
„I'm fine guys. It was just my circulation."
„You sure?" Fred asked and I nodded.
„What time is it?" I asked.
„It's 6 pm," George answered and then I fell back asleep. I woke up when I heard somebody saying my name.
„...be all right? What did Umbridge do to her I never saw her this weak," The person said and I decided to listen a little longer. I found out that it was Charlie. What was he doing here?
„She just needs rest. She's gonna be fine. Just look a little after her and don't let her say anything to Umbridge that could get her in trouble," Madam Pomfrey answered.
Then he sat next to me and took my hand. I wanted to open my eyes but suddenly I wasn't able to do that. I started to panic but no one seemed to notice. Then he started talking:" I know you're sleeping but if not then I want you to know that I'm always here for you. You are one of the most important or the most important people in my life. Please get well soon..."
I tried to smile but still, I wasn't able to move anything. What was wrong with me?! After some time trying I realised that I just couldn't move. So I lay there and thought about a new song text. I called it 'If depression gets the best of me' and sang it the whole day in my head. So it wasn't that boring the whole time. Charlie visited every day and one day I heard Dad. What was he doing here? He started talking to me: "Hello sweetie, please wake up... We all miss you... Maybe you hear me if you do please give us a sign..." He said with a shaky voice and I heard him crying after that. I tried to open my eyes but it still wouldn't work. On the inside, I freaked out but no one saw it. Then someone else walked in.
„Albus, I don't know what to do..." Madam Pomfrey said and that scared me. „She's slightly breathing but in a coma, so I don't know how long she can do it by herself."
„I understand..." Dumbledore answered. „We have to hope that she awakes soon. We'll take care of her Remus. Of course, you can stay here," He said to Dad.
„Thank you," He said still shaky. Slowly I drifted into a deep sleep.
I tried to show that I'm awake for the next weeks, but I got weaker. My only good time was when someone talked to me like I was listening even though they didn't know that I was. Mostly Dad and Charlie visited me and told me about the day. The twins told me what we did in school and about their pranks. Sometimes Charlie took my hand and it felt amazing. Normally my heart would've beaten faster or I'd blushed but it was all in my head. I slowly recognised that I fell in love with him. I knew that I was way too young for him.