Chapter 14

The summer came and Harry, Ron and Hermione's last year began. Snape took over the school and I was happy to be safe. Charlie and I listened to Potter-watch every day and hoped not to hear the name of someone we knew. Harry, Ron and Hermione wanted to destroy the last Horcruxes, that was all I knew. A few months later in September, I got a message from Nick Cave. He invited me to sing background for their new song "O children" and I agreed.
On September fifteenth we met in the studio and recorded the song. It was really nice and the song should come out on October eleventh and be played a lot on the radio.

-Harry's view-

Ron left but the radio was still playing. Slowly I started dancing with Hermione to distract her from Ron. At the end of the song, the band and name of the song were said.
„That was Nick Cave and the bad seeds with the background singer Y/n Lupin. Beautiful song." The moderator said and our eyes got big.
„Wow, she's really famous by now," I said to Hermione.

-Charlie's view-

After the song, I turned off the radio and walked to Y/n.
„The song was amazing," I said to her as I walked into our tent.
„Which one do you mean?" She asked.
„The new one with Nick Cave."
„Oh, that one. Thanks."
„It was on the radio."
„Wow, that's amazing." She said smiling and I chuckled. „What?"
„It's nice to see that you are happy over things that are normal for you. Almost every song of you was played on the radio." I said.

-Normal view-

A few months later we were called to the fight. First Charlie didn't want me to come but all my friends and family were there. In the end, he realised that I'd come either way. We apparated together and went into the castle. There I hugged Dad, Dora, Sirius and all of them I didn't see in a while. Harry, Ron and Hermione came to me and I hugged them.
„We listened to all of your songs, they gave us hope," Hermione said.
„Wow, that's amazing to hear. Now let's finish him and the death eaters." I said.
„Yeah."
I always stayed by Charlie's side and we fought together. Then the moment came when Harry had to sacrifice himself and we went to the great hall to look if everyone was okay. Then we saw it Dad lied there and Dora sat next to him. I burst out in tears and we hugged us tightly. Then I hugged Charlie and he tried to comfort me. Then we saw all the Weasleys standing around somebody. Not them too. Charlie and I went to them and George hugged us tightly. The person who lied there was Fred. Now Charlie cried too and I took him in my arms. We stood there till we heard the death eaters outside. Hagrid carried Harry and Ginny screamed. Harry was dead. Or not? Suddenly, after Neville held his speech, Harry rolled from Hagrid's arms and killed Voldemort. I was happy but couldn't really celebrate. Too many lost their lives.
After Fred and Dads funeral, we cried a lot but with time it got better. We helped each other back to life and I think a year later I played my next concert. Charlie didn't show up which made me sad but the show had to go on. I sang a few songs and then a song I wrote from a fan's story.
A c d e f..." I started the refrain but my mic stopped working. At the same moment, Charlie came on stage and sang.
G h I love you still and you know I always will. Till the end of time, I won't change my mind. Love you, I'll be there I will never disappear. Said forever I swear, so I'll be there." He sang and while that he went on one knee. „Y/n, we went through a lot and I always knew that I wanted to marry you someday. You brightened up my life and are always there for me. I ask you. Will you be my wife?" He said and I was stunned. A tear ran down my cheek and everyone got quiet.
„Oh my god... I mean, of course. I love you." I hugged him tightly and kissed him. Then we just smiled at each other and everyone applauded. „Oh, sorry. I forgot about you guys." I said and the crowd laughed and cheered. Then I carried on with my concert and Charlie sat in his seat.
After the concert, we went home and everyone waited with a big party for us. We partied a lot and I got many messages from fans who congratulated us. The same evening I wrote a letter to Dora, Teddy and Sirius. Sirius was free of all charges by now and so I hoped that he could come too. In the letter, I asked him if he could give me away since Dad passed away.
A few days later I got an answer where they congratulated me and promised to visit soon. Sirius promised to give me away and I was really happy about that. I also got mail from Ginny and Hermione. They already knew because Charlie told them.
In the next weeks, Charlie and I planned the wedding and we decided to marry on August ninth. We sent out the invitations and almost everyone wanted to come. Dora, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and I went shopping for a wedding dress and I decided to wear something simple. I took a long, white dress. It was without arms and was tight at my waist.