Chapter 22

Kane's P.O.V
Kat shuffles in my lap as I lay back on my desk chair. I called her brother down so she could talk to him and I could issue him into the pack. He said he'd be here any minute but Kat hasn't waken up yet considering its 6 am. Her head is under my chin and her body was curled up on my chest. The door opens and Danny her brother comes in. He eyes me glaring at Kay's body that payed on me. Smirking it was funny how mad he could get when I had Kat in my arms. Annoying him more I pick up kats body and scoot it closer to me then I kiss her forehead to which Danny growls at. She curls into me farther and whimpers.
"What do you want"
I look up with a glare. Slowly he was pulling my strings with his disrespect.
"I don't care if your my mates brother but I do not tolerate disrespect your lucky I'm even letting you into this pack. Now sit down and shut up because if you wake her up I will hurt you."
He sits down glaring at me but watches Kat.
"Do you love her"
His question takes me by surprise as he looks at her with longing. Turning my head I realize he knows something but he's not saying it.
"Yes, yes I do"
A smile spreads across both of our face as she sneezes in her sleep. Danny slides down in his seat as I continue.
"Sign this"
I slide the paperwork over and he signs his needed places. He glances up at me.
"I watched her for as long as I could before they could catch my tail but no matter how hard I tried they would not let me in there pack with her"
My eyes shift color as I remember her nightmares and cuts and bruises. Touching her helps me calm down but Danny growls making me growl louder. she moves from the noise and I put my feet up on my desk leaning back so she's more comfortable. Danny switches to chair so he could see me better and glares as we talk.
"You left her"
He looks down and Kat shifts around in my lap starting to wake. Looking down Kat looks up at me her eyes fluttering open.
"Ka-ane"
Her small voice speaks my name as Danny stares well glares at us. Trying to irritate him I put my fingers under kats chin and lift it to mine. Slowly I kiss her and a growl is heard which Kat tries to pull away but I deepen the kiss showing her brother that no matter what she was mine and he would have to deal with it. Her hands come up towards my chest as I kiss her jawline.
"Kane stop its to early"
She whines and I continue making my way to my mark I kiss it multiple times leaving Kat squirming in my lap. her brother clears his throat and I slam my mouth against kats. whining out I pull away from Kat and her brother glares at me his nose and hands twitching. Kat turns to see his then all of the color in her body drains as she cuddles into me sobbing. Danny stands up and she turns nearly falling out of my lap. gripping her against me tears fall from her cheeks as she stares at me. she shakes her head not believing it. Her brother reaches his hand or and I growl in warning. he touches her and she jumps back
"It's not real it's not real"
She mutters it over and over. lifting her face to mine I peck her lips.
"Baby he's real"
She breaks down more But not one tear falls. clutching me I rock her back and forth. She reaches her arms out and embraces her brother as she cries. slowly she sits back down. Laying back against me Kat sniffles and Danny sits back down.
"You left me"
...............................