Chapter 37

I had been in the office all day. I don't know if Kat had awakened yet or not. I locked her in the room so hopefully she hasn't been able to reach the lock at the top of the door. There was one on each side so she probably wasn't getting out. I sign my name and read some more letters and stand up. It was about 1:00 and my stack of paperwork and letters where gone. I grip the desk smelling another scent in the house. It's been here for a while. I walk down the corridor down to the room. The door was wide open and Kat wasn't inside. A growl came from deep inside me chest angry she hadn't obeyed me. I follow the other scent which was smaller down stairs. My anger flared as I find Kat laying on her back a small body laying on her chest. She was asleep as was the body but that didn't stop me. I stomp forward yanking the small body of her chest. She jolts awake panic coming to her eyes and the boy I was holding up by his arms started to cry. She reaches out to him but I yank the boy away and growl at her. He dangles in my grasp from his arm and Kats lips tremble as he whimpers and cries again.
"K-Kane pl-ease l-let him g-go he's j-just a little b-boy"
Tears start trailing down her face and she reaches out to her again this time I grab her hand yanking her to me. I move my hand to her chin and clench my fingers around her face. Despite my fingers clawing into her face she still reaches for him.
"Why the hell are you out of the room and with a child. Huh that's what i want to know because right now I ready to beat the crap out of this rouge kid."
She starts to sob one hand trying to help herself and the other trying to still get at the child. Why does she feel the need to protect him?
"K-Kane please I'll ex-plain l-later but please let him down. Please d-don't hurt him."
I stare at her for a moment before throwing the kid on the side of the couch. I sit on the couch yanking her into my lap. She stays stiff as a board and nearly starts to sob as the kid climbs over trying to get to her.
"N-no jay j p-please st-stay there."
She turns back towards me fear and sadness starts to cloud her vision. She bites her lip and I growl. I switch us and slam her back down on the couch. My wolf had taken over a long time ago. But I agreed with him 100%. My lips attach to her neck and she starts to cry softly not making a move to touch me. I rip her shirt off and she screams her sobbing becoming more frequent. I missed Monday when it was just us now I needed to mate her there was no option. My wolf was starting to go crazy needing her.
"Kane please not now I'll do what you want later please just not right now." She stutters still sobbing making it hard to hear her but I bite down on her neck softly over the love bite I had given her. The little boy jj crawled up into her lap when she backed away from me. He whimpers and wiped away her tears. I stand growling. Kat stays huddled in the couch but when I walk towards her head slowly turns. I walk towards her picking her up and the boy that was in her lap. Her body shakes as I walk up stairs laying them down on the bed. I turn to shut the door when Kat calls out to me.
"Kane a-are you al-right"
I shake my head still angry knowing my urge to mate was out of control. I walk downstairs turning on the stove so I can cook the pup and Kat something. I made some eggs and push them on one plate. I stick two forks in the eggs and head upstairs. When I open the door Kat stays still but the pup started to growl at me while sitting on her lap. I chuckle then bare my canines at him. He immediately bows his head and Kat stares at me. I walk over to the bed sitting opposite of them. I pick the pup up from her lap. She jumps after him but I twist her sitting her on my lap too. I check the pup for any fleas or diseases and he comes up clean. He looked around 3 or 4. Sighing I drop him on the bed holding on to Kat so she can't get off my lap. I sit crisscross and hand her the plate. She picks up a fork gesturing jj to come closer. She sits there patiently feeding him the entire plate. Dang that kid had an appetite. She didn't even eat a crumb but I know better than to force her to eat. She lays back into me relaxing. Jj crawls in her lap laying down. I shift so she lays on my stomachs her chest to mine and I lay Jj in my arm. I want pups of my own. But I think of earlier and why she was so protective of him.
"Kat where'd you get the pup" she doesn't answer but lays there running in her hand along Jjs back. A growl snaps her out of her trance and she decides to answer.
"I h-heard him in the w-woods and h-he was
a-already I-inside the t-territory because his
s-scent in to s-small to w-wolves that aren't
a-alphas so I was w-walking down-st-stairs when-n he k-knocked" she finished fiddling with my shirt as I processed it. She must have been taking care of him for a few hours an became attached to him. It made sense I mean I can smell it but to regular wolves they couldn't smell a pups scent. I run my hands through her hair and I start going along her body. I rest them on her bum keeping her squirming and tell her.
"Little one"
She replies with a 'hmm' still squirming in my lap which didn't help the situation.
"Earlier when I lashed out, it's because my wolf needs to mate you baby. If we don't mate by then end of the week babygirl, he might force you with or without my consent. He will take over and force you to finish the mating process. And he'll keep going until he's satisfied."
She gulps clutching my shirt.
"Do you understand" she nods her head and I relax knowing she won't have to be forced by me so she wouldn't be forced by my wolf. I cuddle her closer thinking. It was going to be a long week.

............................