pt. I: 2 - Glass Shards and Lemon Water

It's almost noon on the next day when San looks up from his task of polishing glasses just in time to see book-guy entering dining hall together with his family

It's almost noon on the next day when San looks up from his task of polishing glasses just in time to see book-guy entering dining hall together with his family. He's holding his younger brother's hand and walking in a light crouch that seems to be an attempt of being more at eye-level with the kid, while following behind his older brother and his parents who appear to be in deep conversation.

Seeing as he's almost done with the glasses and there's nothing else to tend to at the moment, San takes a moment to watch book-guy from his secure position behind the beverages counter.

Book-guy... doesn't look too bad. His haircut compliments his handsome face, full of sharp edges that are especially prominent in his jawline and nose. He's skinny, though, too skinny in San's opinion, although he knows that body proportions like book-guy has them are popular and idealized a lot nowadays. Maybe book-guy models as a side job? Aside from his posture – still crouch-walking with his little brother – he definitely has the body and style for it.

Of course, book-guy is wearing expensive clothes that fit him perfectly: a black blazer with a white shirt underneath, black pants. Even after having worked in this hotel for almost a month, San finds himself often intimidated by the naturalness with which guests at the hotel war brand-new designer's clothes, and book-guy is doing an excellent job at blending with the rest of the hotel's guests and atmosphere. San's work uniform is designed to keep up with the average style of elegance portrayed at the hotel, sure – but his out-of-work wardrobe consists mainly of jeans and oversized band hoodies.

Though he's not too taken with book-guy's looks, San finds the way book-guy takes care of his little brother quite cute. The whole family just reached the table that was reserved for them, and while book-guy's mother and hyung sit down, still chatting quietly, book-guy helps his little brother into the child's chair with his father watching them.

When book-guy's little brother is finally seated and swings his legs enthusiastically, book-guy's father comments something that makes a small grin light up on book-guy's face – and San notices he likes book-guy's smile, too.

So, book-guy's smile and the way he takes care of his little brother: that's something. He's definitely no match for Mingi, but at least San can now say he finds him likeable enough to show a bit of interest and flirt with him.

Will that be enough to get closer with Mingi?

Behind the ingredients for the Mild/Dark Roast Arabica Coffee and Jeju Organic Farming Black Tea, San finally dares to throw Mingi next to him, who has been humming under his breath for the past five minutes, a sideways glance.

To his embarrassment, Mingi immediately notices and turns his way. Instead of an amused grin, though, he sends San a sweet, encouraging smile that makes San instinctively stand up straighter. He will do this, he will talk to book-guy – it's worth it. It's worth the way Mingi suddenly is really looking at him ever since yesterday evening. It's worth his smile.