pt. I: 14 - Not So Truthful

Just as Wooyoung finally dares to slip his hands under San's jacket to let them roam over the subtle definition of muscle on his back, he gets a call from his mum's phone

Just as Wooyoung finally dares to slip his hands under San's jacket to let them roam over the subtle definition of muscle on his back, he gets a call from his mum's phone. San climbs off his lap as soon as he gets a look at the display when Wooyoung has finally located it from under his bed sheets. 

Wooyoung figures he should take the call. With a sigh, he gets up from San's bed, accepts the call, and holds the phone to his ear. "Hello, mum?"

"Wooyoung," his dad's voice answers, "where are you? You said you wanted to look around the hotel. Do they have a gym? Don't tell me you're working out again."

"I'm not," Wooyoung assures. "I'm with a..." He turns around to look at San, who's sitting by his bed's headboard now. He's turned to gaze out of the window, but chooses this exact second to look back at Wooyoung. "... friend," Wooyoung finishes lamely and quickly averts his gaze to the floor as he feels warmth flood his cheeks.

"Really?" His dad sounds surprised. "You found a friend in the hotel?"

"Yes..."

He hums before turning serious. "Actually, Wooyoung, we noticed that you barely ate half of your portion during dinner. The buffet is ending soon, but I'm sure the kitchen staff will be able to make you something else if you want to eat more. Do you want to go down with me or your mum for a second dinner?"

"I'm good," Wooyoung almost cuts his father off. "My friend and I ordered chicken a while ago, that's why-" He cuts himself off, suddenly very conscious of the fact that San can listen to everything that comes out of his mouth. Sneaking another glance at San, Wooyoung is met with a confused expression and a raised eyebrow.

"That is the reason you didn't eat?" His dad sounds almost relieved, and Wooyoung feels bad for lying to him. "Good. You know, Wooyoung-ah, you are so thin already..." - "But even if you weren't," someone else cuts in, and Wooyoung recognizes the harsher voice as his mother's, "you should know that there are a lot of performers who don't diet at all, but who are very successful."

"Yes, I know." 

In Wooyoung's imagination, the first year at Sanghee University will be like a battlefield. He's watched the Performing Arts department's videos on YouTube and scrolled through some blogs of students there as soon as he got notified of his acceptance there. Studying in Seoul sounded great in theory, but Wooyoung has realised that that also means there might be more pressure than at universities outside of Seoul. He doesn't think he needs to ace his classes, not as much as he did in his CSATs anyway, but he still wants decent credits and a good job afterwards.

Besides, the way San had kissed him earlier while stroking his fingertips appreciatively over Wooyoung's waist just minutes ago had felt too good to forget. Wooyoung never thought he would be the kind of guy to kiss and make out with people he doesn't know too well, but if he learned one thing in the last few days, it's that there is something about San that he feels helplessly drawn to.