25:ᴳʳᵒʷⁱⁿᵍ ᴬᵖᵃʳᵗ

I had gotten Castin fixed up but he was supposed to take it easy for a few days. I kept him occupied talking with him and keeping him up to speed with drama.

Celebrity nonsense and other things like fashion, I told him about Theodore and then Zero.

Zero had started sleeping in Castin's room and I even started spending most of my time in there Castin said he enjoyed it and he said it would keep me sane.

Zero was sleeping and I took him to his room, since my father started getting irritated by it, so when I walked back into Cassie's room he was sitting up.

"So?" he said waiting for my answer, "So what?" I said sitting on the bed, he rolled his eyes, "So I know you're not actually going through with the..
you know what" He emphasized the last few words and it meant wedding.

I nodded and looked behind me to make sure we weren't being spied on, we weren't. "No ways, but I already have a plan.

And you have one of the biggest roles in it." I continued to explain what the wedding would be like.

And how everything would play out, making sure to leave the actual plan out because my father still had ears everywhere even if I couldn't see them.

"It's literally a dream wedding but for the worst reasons." He said.

I nodded and then he yawned, I yawned, "I should let you catch some Z's, tomorrow I'm going shopping." I patted his leg and walked out of the room, turning the light off as I left and closed the door.

I saw looked up and was met with emerald eyes and tied up hair, I snarled and started walking away, he trailed behind me.

I got to my room and turned around to close the door when he forced himself in. "I said stay away from me." I said sternly as he stood towering over me.

"I heard what you and Castin were talking about, I'd be happy to tell your father." He smirked and I immediately hung my head low. "What do you want?" I said firmly holding my ground, making sure not to have a voice crack.

"Just to help you but I need to know what you had in mind." he was sounding playful as if it were a joke to him.

I thought about it, he had threatened to blow my cover and if I did tell him he'd still be untrustworthy and I'd be giving him more ammunition to stab me in he back... again.

I felt like telling him and not telling him would result in certain death, I had to think of something to say and suddenly it hit me.

I look into the jade eyes I despised and started to relax my face, "So are you going to tell me or shall I tell your father?"

He was more persistent this time for an answer, I looked at him and motioned for him to follow me. We walked all the way out of the house, and it's gates.

I knew the guards would be in earshot so I led Hades to that exact spot. He tapped his door before speaking "So? Spit it out." he demanded.

I looked up at him, "I'm going through with the wedding," he was taken a back, his emotionless masked slipped revealing a hint of sadness and shock.

"You said you weren't" He said regaining his  control again, "Oh, no. I was going through with the wedding, saying my vows. Holding Ender's hands, kissing his soft lips."

I saw as Hades was breathing heavier with each sentence I said about Ender and the wedding.

"But I'm planning on seeing one vow to its end." He perked up. "You should know it well, till death do us part" he looked down and then back up as he realized.

"N-no, you wouldn't!" he yelled out as he gripped  my shoulders, I looked down to my feet, "You can't! Why would you even think about that!?" He started protesting.

"What about Zero and Azazel. Castin! You can't! Please, don't do it! Don't leave me, please! I need you." he was frantically ranting on about the reasons and I looked up at him. His eyes were tearing up as he looked at my stern expression.

"Don't kill yourself! Please, I just can't- I don't want to. I can't go on without you."

He embraced me tightly holding onto me, his arms were heavy and tightly holding me.

I felt... Nothing, I didn't feel anything as he held me, I didn't even hug him back. I simply turned around and walked back into the house.

I walked up to Castin's room, he made me feel better than anything. Like I was worth every minute of him being with me. I laid down next to him and drifted off to sleep.

A dreamless sleep, no nightmare, dream. Nothing just black and a pounding headache.

And a whole in my heart that hurt more than seeing Castin's bruises. Hurting more than all those years of being bullied.

A Hades burning hot rage.

And an strange sort of longing for Ender.

Vote :,)