sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴏɴᴇ ꕥ 15

"Lizzie?! Oh my g-"

As Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Lizzie sat in the same ambulance, covered in blankets and Lizzie with her head on Dustin's shoulder, Flora and her dad came running up to her.

"Are you alright?" Her dad asked as she jumped out of the van, hugging him.

"I'm fine," Lizzie said into his shoulder. "I'm fine."

Her dad smiled and clapped her back as he let her go. She bit her lip as Dustin clambered down from the ambulance as well.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah," Lizzie nodded. "Thanks for... for asking."

Then, suddenly, she slowly reached her hand forward and grabbed his. She did it on impulse. But, seeing the look he gave her when she did it, she was glad she did.

"Lizzie?" Lizzie looked up to see Joyce, and there was a happy look on her face.

However, Lizzie was still hesitant. "Did you... did you find him?"

Joyce's face broke into a smile. "Yes."

ꕥꕥꕥ

They had been waiting all night.

Joyce and Jonathan were sitting beside the hospital bed, whilst Karen, Ted, Steve, Nancy, Robert, Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Lizzie were all sitting in the waiting room. Lucas and Dustin were asleep but the rest were wide awake, all staring into the distance, eyes unfocused.

Edith, Lizzie's mum, was working in the hospital at that moment, in Will's ward.

That's when Jonathan arrived at the door to the ward.

Lizzie and Mike's head's snapped to his and he nodded.

"Guys! Guys!" Mike shook Lucas and Lizzie Dustin. "Will's awake! Guys! Wake up!"

"Argh! Lizzie!" Dustin said as she shook him.

"Will's awake, idiot!" Lizzie shouted. "Wake up!"

"Okay!"

So when Lizzie and Mike ran out of the waiting room, a very sleepy Dustin and Lucas followed them.

"Byers!"

"Will!"

"You're awake!"

"You're alive!"

"Be careful with him!" Joyce laughed as all four piled in to hug him.

"Guys! Go easy on him!" Jonathan also warned, as Dustin threw Lizzie, Lucas and Mike aside and hugged Will alone.

He didn't really look his best at the moment, as Lizzie saw when all four got off him. He had pipes feeding into his nostrils and he was very pale.

But Lizzie didn't care.

"You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man!" Lucas laughed.

"It was mental!" Dustin agreed.

"You had a funeral!" Lizzie chortled.

"Jennifer Hayes was crying!"

"And Troy peed himself!"

"What?" Will asked in awe.

"In front of the whole school!" Lizzie added.

Will laughed but it turned into a cough.

"You okay?" Mike asked.

Will looked up. "It got me. The Demogorgon."

"We know," Mike looked down. "It's okay, it's dead."