5

"Could I get a order of fires, and a medium pizza for here please?" I love pizza, it is my go to at the diner

"Of course let me go get that ready for ya!" the waitress says with a southern accent as she walks away swiftly.

Southern accents are so cool.

"I bought us tickets to the game tonight, you guys down to go?" Maeve asks holding up 3 basketball tickets in her hand.

Naomi who is seated next to Maeve goes wide-eyed, turns to her and shakes her shoulders enthusiastically.

"Oh my gosh! You are the best Maeve. I love you so much, we are going to have so much fun!." I smile along with them.

Once the server comes back with our food we thank her and then eat with urgency, excited for the game later tonight.

We pay and leave a tip and we rush out the door. We cram into my car and head back to campus to get ready, the game isn't till 7 but Maeve got us some pretty good tickets courtside, probably from Dayton. So we want to get there around 6.

Once we get back to the dorms we all pile onto my bed.

"Naomi, are you so, so excited to see your favorite person ever, Dayton?" Maeve asks knowing Naomi dislikes him.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, are you excited to see Tyler? Hm? Oh no honey, cat caught your tongue?" Naomi responds with sass as she gets up to grab drinks from the mini-fridge.

Maeve blushes looking down at her hands resting in her lap.

I lean over and nudge her shoulder with mine, giving her a knowing look.

Naomi comes back a few seconds later with three lemonades in hand, she hands one to both of us and pops one open for herself.

"Have you talked to Warren recently, LiLee?" Naomi asked looking directly at me.

"No, after I left Maeves a few nights ago I saw him. We just looked at each other awkwardly." I admit, re feeling the awkwardness I felt in that moment.

"He didn't say anything? He just sat there like a dumbass? What a jerk. I can't believe he just cut you off like that so suddenly." she explained, frustrated with the situation.

"I'm sure he had his reasons," I said softly.

Feeling regret once again about the situation. if only I would've just done something differently we would still be friends. Maybe If I was better.

"Alright, loves, enough about boys." Maeve said, saving me from pity party island. "let's pick out our outfits for the game and get ready" That brings a smile to my face.

I get up off of the bed dramatically and make my way to my closet, Naomi beats me too it rummaging through my closet, I laugh at that.

We love to dress up, we love all things fashion-related. It's an amazing form of self-expression, you can tell a lot about a person based on their style.