36

"What do you mean you forgot the lighter?" I toss the empty can on the floor, stepping on it

These fools.

We try to have one nice camping trip.

Just one. All I ask, damnit. "How are we supposed to start a campfire without the lighter, Dayton?"

Technically it's not a camping trip since we have a cabin but still.

"I don't know, figure it out." He shrugs. This brat.

I walk over to the driver's side of the truck, I still get worried and anxious about being in the passenger seat.

I don't have a single ounce of blame for what happened to Maeve, I could never be mad at her.

It was not her fault whatsoever.

I just hope she can come to realize that.

No matter how much I try to tell her, she won't believe me I can tell she still blames herself.

"Should we stop to get McDonalds?" I know at his boxing club they are all on diets right now for the upcoming match season. I love messing with him.

"Fuck off Tyler." He slams the door, throwing himself into the chair.

"Hey now, this is Mama Ficher truck we don't want to mess it up now do we?" He mumbles something.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." I tap his shoulder with the back of my hand.

As soon as I pulled out onto the gravel road I saw him reach his hand for the radio, I quickly swatted his hand away.

"Tyler, dude. WHY?" Someones mad.

"How's Naomi?" That shuts him up really quickly. "Seriously though, how are things going?"

"Really good, I'm so thankful I get to be a part of her life, she's amazing, man." His whole demeanor changed when he started to talk about her, it's kind of cute. Ew.

"I just love everything about her, her eyes, her face, god her hair. Just all of it." He cuts himself off, noticing he was rambling.

"You know it's okay now that you've got some structure, grounded by someone. So now you get to talk about her all of the time, be with her all of the time, you get to have it all now." I know how he used to be, it wasn't THAT bad but yes he was kind of a player.

This is good for him, to finally open his eyes for once.

"I know, how about you? Any girls?" What me? Never.

"What? No way man." He's definitely convinced.

"I know you like her, maybe not a lot but I know you're starting to crush on her a bit."

"Who?" Her obviously.

"Maeve dumbass." Oh shit. He might either go all big bro or not we will see.