9

Have you ever thought about why people leave you or hurt you?

I think about it. All. The. Time.

I want to hate Warren.

I want to not want our friendship to go back to how it was.

I really do but I can't do it.

I can't bring myself to do it.

There has to be a reason I know there is. I refuse to believe he gave up all of our years of friendship for nothing.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to hate someone who cared so much for me.

Even though he left me like it all meant nothing to him.

"Bye Blackford" Dayton flirts with Naomi as he holds his hand up wiggling his fingers goodbye to her.

She grumbles as she gets out of the car.

I smile at Tyler and Dayton then look at Warren and give him a slight nod as I hop out of the car to catch up with Naomi.

When I finally do, I dig in my purse for the keycard to the dorm building.

One time we forgot our keycard and we were stuck outside in 10-degree weather for like 20 minutes till some girls finally came and let us in.

Now I never leave without my key card. Learned that the hard way.

"Next semester we have to request to be roommates," I say to Naomi as I open the door to my dorm letting her walk in first.

"I know, we have to make it happen my roommate is such a raging bitch, like honestly I've never met someone so stuck up." I raise my eyebrow at her.

Don't get me wrong, I like my current roommate. I have nothing against her and she's barely home anyway but it would be nice to live with my best friend.

Suddenly the raging reminder that I have school tomorrow invades my mind.

I bang my head repeatedly against my desk which I'm currently sitting at.

I stand up, walk over to my school back, and pack all the things I might need.

Same thing with my dance bag. We have a small gig coming up for the high school and middle school dance teams.

We're just going there and performing some of our routines from this year and a few from past years. It's going to be pretty fun.

I enjoy doing these smaller performances.

They are less stressful and can bring joy into people's days, that's what brings me happiness.

I've been dancing ever since I could even walk my mom put me into it and I've been in love with it ever since.