22

Warren's name and profile photo flash my phone screen in my hands

I go grab my phone, swipe it to answer it and go to bring it to my ear.

"Captains! Let's go, can't y'all be late!" I hear Coach's voice boom through the locker room.

I quickly drop my phone making sure to hang up and rush to put my dance shoes on. I almost trip over the bench but make it out shockingly.

I glance down at my arms as I walk out of the locker room.

Damn it.

There are even more bruises starting to form on my arms. The bruises are the shapes of hands.

His hands. I want to cry.

I collect my thoughts and emotions and stuff them down into a tiny box within myself.

As soon as I pick my head back up I make sure to plaster a smile onto my face. I can't be the one to bring down the team with my personal problems, that wouldn't be fair to them.

Coach has us jump right in as we are performing at the basketball game tonight. We are doing our jazz dance. That's my favorite style to perform with this team.

Jazz brings a different component of entertainment.

It's fun and spunky.

And plus. Our costumes are gorgeous.

They are black with rhinestones all over.

It's one of my personal favs from this season.

"Get ready! We're going full out!" Coach yells at us as we rush over to our spots.

Maeve, Naomi, and I start in the front.

I look at Maeve and smile brightly at her then to Naomi, just for a few minutes I forget about the events from an hour ago.

The music starts and my body moves.

My movements are sharp and precise.

I don't fall out of my turns so that is a plus and I just hit that toe touch.

My breathing gets heavy and I pray the dance is almost over.

This is good though, this builds the endurance we need for performances.

I hear the music cut off and we all sit down on the floor.

"Get up Ladies sitting will only make it worse!" Naomi yells with her hands placed on her head as she walks over to the beach. She's not wrong. I pull myself off the floor and go over to where she is standing.

"How are you feeling?" She looks down at my arm.

"Whoa! What the fuck? Did that just show up?" She strings questions at me