Chapter 10

-🦔-

With that, you jump into Sonic and hold his hands. Sonic then starts to twirl you around, fast. A combination of blue and a shade of f/c as you both spin at a rapid speed. He lets you go and you bounce onto the robots who were surrounding you. You landed back beside Sonic and you both got back into your fighting position.

Dr. Deep growls and starts to swing his blade. Sonic duck his head to avoid it, meanwhile you jump over it and kick Dr. Deep's face, causing him to wobble back. "Woah, nice one!" Sonic winks. You nod and continued fighting.

- 🦔 -

As time passed by, you all arrived near the energy crystal. You all learned that Sonic's shoes detect the crystal when he's near it. As you all made the final turn, running toward the energy crystal.

"There it is!" Nine points. "That must be it!" He beams. As they were getting closer, they were blocked by some robots. You didn't waste any time and throw yourself at them and start rapidly destroying them.

You were tackling some robots down until a giant hand stops you. It was gripping your whole body, you were unable to move. It was the Baby aka Dr. Babbles. You cursed yourself for not paying attention. But just then, Sonic bounces on the Baby causing it to lose its grip on you. You took that opportunity to escape. You burst out of Baby's grip and did a flip before sliding back onto the ground.

There were lasers being rapidly shot from the back. Nine and the others had to hide behind the edges of the wall to take cover. You also had to do the same. But then notice that the doors were closing in, everyone stops hiding and started running to the core. Rose held on to the door so that everyone could squeeze in before closing back the door. Knucks threw a barrel in order to stop the other door from closing. Everyone leaped over it and continued running.

But then not long after, the doors start opening back and the shootings were back. Everyone hid behind the edges of the walls again. Sonic then looks around to find a solution. "I guess this is the end" Knucks grunted. "Aw c'mon, don't be like that!" Sonic rolls his eyes and waves his hand. Knucks notice a barrel behind him and threw it. "Well, prove me wrong then!" Knucks shouts. Sonic grins and chooses that as a plan.

He then slows down time. You didn't know how he do it, but you could slightly see him going in slow motion, or maybe it was just you. Sonic jumps on the barrel and pushes it with his legs.

The pressure that Sonic kicked onto the barrel caused it to collect the robots and Dr. Deep. Not to mention, the barrel exploded and as result, a hole in the wall at the end of the hallway caused all the robots to fall out of the building. He looks down and laughed. "That was sick!" He laughed.

Everyone was looking at him in shock. Jaws dropped actually. "Did he..just?" Knucks ask, pointing at him. Everyone just stood in shock. Nine shook out of his thoughts and ran towards the door. He then begins to try and crack open the code in order to get inside the room. Dr. Babble begins to whine and stomp his feet out of anger. More robots came but instead, they came for Nine and the other who were waiting at the door.

Sonic then thought of a plan. He was going to distract the Baby by leading it out of the headquarters. Sonic waves his hand at you, signaling you to follow him. You nodded and ran up to him and leaping off the building first. Sonic then turns to the Baby and called out for it.

"Let's play a game. It's called Tag! And your it!" Sonic winks before jumping off and landing on a metal platform and sliding. The baby whines and growls as it starts to follow Sonic out of the building. 

- 🦔 -

As you both succeeded to distract the Baby, Sonic raises his hand up in the air. You looked at him in confusion as he waits for you to do something. He then grabs your hand with his other hand and clapped his raised hand. "High five!" He beams. "Now C'mon! Let's get back!" Sonic waves his hand. He then starts running back to the central building.