Chapter 15

- 🦔 -

"Well uh-" You nervously scratch your cheek. Sonic's expression changes. "Wait, you betrayed her?!" Sonic shouts, pointing his hand at Thorn.

A snicker slipped out the pink hedgehog. How naive Sonic was. Trusting the one who once betrayed. She fidgets her hammer by spinning it.

You panicked, "N-no! I-" You waved your hands in front of Sonic. Thorn fumed, "Admit it Y/n". Leaving Sonic confused.

You sighed loudly. You brush your arm and looked down at the ground. "I-..." Your ears flops. It took you a few seconds to answer, "yeah, I did" you exhaled. You gently shut your eyes, waiting for the blue hedgehog's reaction.

Why did it have to be this way? You were so close to Sonic until Thorn decided to crash in and ruin your reputation. Telling him about your  Huh, so this is what people call 'drama'. Prim admitted, drama was pretty cool. .

Sonic silently gasped while his eyes widen. "But, what did you do?" He asked, trying to understand more details about this 'betrayal'.

You didn't reply. Just stared at the ground, biting your bottom lip and gripping onto your arm.

Sonic's ears straighten as he figures out an idea. "Hey! What about we talk about our 'feeling'?" He brightly smiles.

"Feelings?" You asked, in a confused tone.

"Feelings?" Thorn, Prim and Gnarly replied with a disgusted expression.

"Feelings.." Hangry softly spoke.

"Fweelings" Mangey put his hands together and his pupils grew big and shimmered.

Prim sighed softly and ruffles the yellow-oranged mangey's head.

Sonic bounces his right foot and swiftly puts his hand on his chin, making a thinking face. "It's like, saying what you feel!" He beams.

"Though even myself doesn't know how.." He mumbles. He raises his index finger to the air, "For example, I'll start first!" He smiles and shuts his eyes.

He looks around and tries to figure out what to say, "I feel..." he squinted his eyes, trying to find the perfect word to describe something.

Prim disturbed, "Like you don't know what your doing?" She sassed.

"No! I feel it would have been better if you didn't interrupt me!" He pouts. In reply, the white bat rolled her eyes.

The blue hedgehog sighed. Sonic turns his head, facing Y/n. "How about you go?" He softly smiled. He lend out his hand in front of you. You could feel shivers run up your whole body.

"I- I feel... very guilty" You spurted, looking down. Then quickly looks back up confidently at Thorn.

"Look, I know what I did was wrong, but i'm here to make it up!" You swipe your hand in front and walks closer to Thorn. "Please? Everyone deserves a second chance right?" You plead, open your arms and nervously smiling.

Sonic could feel his heart racing. 'SOFT Y/N' he panicked. He admited, seeing soft you really is interesting. How he wished Thorn was him right now ( /j )

"N-now, you go Thorn. Remember the is nothing wrong about feelings" He nervously smiled, hoping that Thorn will realise that Y/n is really trying.

Thorn's shock expression quickly changes into a soft one. She got off her flickie and walked closer to Y/n. The (species) smiles as they saw their old friend coming back.

"I feel..." She starts. As soon as she was about to start, a loud war cry was heard from behind. 

"SHE'S DISTRACTED!! ATTACK!" Gnarly shouted, before running towards the pink hedgehog. The other follows him, bumping into Sonic causing him to twirl around.

Sonic snap out from his thoughts. "No, wait! I thought we agreed to talk it out!" He cried. You quickly turned around and shielded Thorn. As Gnarly gets closer, Thorn gripped on her hammer tight. You shout, "Gnarly, behave!"

The echidna obeyed and stop. He used the back of his shoes to slow down. You turn your head, to look at Thorn. She seem surprised. You let out a short laugh, "Haha.. Please don't mind him. Anyways, what were you saying?" 

 Thorn pulls her hammer. Shutting her eyes and shout, "I feel... ANGRY!!" 

She runs around you and knock-out Gnarly with her hammer, sending Gnarly flying and crash into a tree. "Thorn no!" You called out. 

Just when the others try to attack her, Thorn lift up her hammer and smack it on the ground. Trees grew from the ground and pushed them out of the jungle. Including Gnarly.

Just as you thought you were next, Thorn casually walks back and rest her hammer on her shoulder. So she forgives you? There was only you, Sonic and Thorn as well darkness and silence. 

"What have you done..?" Sonic said in a heartbreaking tone. Thorn place her palm on the flickie's wing. "I.. I did what I had to do" She huffed. 

"They have proven to me that they are not worthy of my forgiveness" She snarls but with a little tone of guiltiness. She hopped on the flickie's back and gently held onto it's neck.

Your eyes widen. So she did forgive you! A smile grew on your face. "Thanks for forgiving me" your expression softens. 

"Uh y'know how much I love family reunion but we have a BIG problem here!" He fumed, crossing his arms. You and Thorn looked at him. "C'mon Thorn, you can't treat them that way! They'll starve to death!" He exclaimed. Thorn looked away, "If that's how to keep the jungle safe.." She sighs, "So be it." 

Then she flies away with her flickie. It seems like she's heading towards the palm tree. "Thorn wait!" Sonic chirped. "Hey, uh Sonic?" You dap his shoulder, grabbing his attention. "Y'know like trees can't live without sunlight?" You state. Sonic's ears twitched, "You're right!" He snaps his finger with a smile. 

"Do you have any idea where she's heading to?" Sonic questions. "I think, she's headed to the great green" You face away from Sonic and looked at the jungle behind you. "Thorn doesn't understand that.. the jungle needs sunlight!" Sonic took a few steps forward. "Herself too" You joked. 

"But I really want to know why and what did you betrayed her for?" He starts.

"Well, I maybe have sort of- gave the others food secretly while I was down here with Thorn and you know how much she despite them. Annddddd I maybe had backstabbed her and lost her trust, I mean- who wouldn't? They were desperate, they begged to me to spare some food for them. So she got very upset and kicked me out." You start babbling out the truth. 

Sonic was dumbfounded. You told it so fast that he got lost at 'despite'. He was currently trying to process what you just told him. "Oh that's really something" He nods. "Yeeeeahhhh Though, I do regret what I've done to her" You nervously chuckled. 

Sonic place his hand on your shoulder. "Hey, if I were in your situation, I'd do the same" He softly spoke making you feel slightly heating up. Sonic silently chuckles at your reaction before lifting his hand from your shoulder.

"Race you to the palm tree?" Sonic smirked, and fixed his stand.  

You shook your head, snapping back to reality. "Oh your on!" You grin. 

( 1191 words )

- 🦔 -