22. He Makes Me Happy

"I didnt want you to worry."

"Thats shit and you know it." Nyra corrected. "We tell each other everything-"

"You could have ravened too Nyra." Vaera reminded her.

"Vaera... ive been a shit sister." Nyra acknowledged. "Im sorry. But I dont want you rushing into something-"

"Gael wasnt even dead a moon when you married Daemon." Vaera reminded her. "Im happy you are happy sister but Aegon makes me happy."

Vaera stared back at Nyra before she heard footsteps coming up behind them.

"No way, really?" Aegon questioned enthusiastically.

"Hes great with the kids. They love him. Nyra I love him. Hes a good man. He stepped up when I needed it." Vaera whimpered. "I need you to be okay with this because you are my sister and my world but Nyra you are not here and I want Aegon."

"What a terrifying thought." Nyra half teased. "If he makes you happy then I can support you. But the second he hurts you I-"

"Im more than capable of taking his cock if necessary." Vaera assured.

"You honestly thought thats what I was going to say?" Nyra countered.

"It seems like a good choice," vaera offered innocently.

"I love you, you little psycho." Nyra declared.

"Mama!" Vizzy waved back at them.

"Jace and luke are still warming up to Daemon." Nyra admitted. "Im glad they like Aegon before he becomes daddy," she added softly.

"If they said no then I wouldnt have thought twice about it." Vaera remarked as Aegon put vizzy down he ran on unstable feet before colliding with Vaera. "Hello my littlest love." Vaera coed picking him up and holding him high.

"Went for a walk. Hope thats alright," aegon remarked seeing Rhaenyra staring back at him. Her face unreadable.

"Of course!" Vaera agreed.

"Hello princess Rhaenyra." Aegon offered hesitantly. Nyra sighed looking between them before she nodded.

"We have much to plan for this wedding." Rhaenyra decided as she marched inside. "Come on!"

Vaera bumped her hip against Aegon as they walked.

"Thats a good sign right?" Aegon offered softly. Vaera smiled grabbing his hand, leaning into him as they walked.

Aegon couldnt believe this was happening that this was his life. He was getting to marry the girl of his dreams. For as long as he could remember Vaera was his girl.

He tried to protect her from Tyon from any hurt. He didnt do that though. He couldnt stop Harwin was leaving. From dying. But as Vaera smiled back at him now Aegon saw nothing but love. He couldnt be happier that they got to start a life together.

Aemond stared back at Jace as him and Haezel came running through. Then he looked to Vaera. Vaera moved away from Aegon, running a hand through Aemond's hair. 

"Is this okay love?" Vaera whispered. Aemond looked again to Jace. Luke had apologized but ALicent was right good will didnt return his eye. Aemma ran up leaning into Aemond and he nodded smiling down at her. "My brave boy." Vaera whispered. 

"Father." Rhaenyra remarked as she moved to his chambers. "What were you thinking?" 

"Rhaenyra," Viserys declared. "What were you thinking?" He countered. Vaera giggled out as she looked between them. "Marrying Daemon. Daemon!" Viserys shouted. 

"Um..." Rhaenyra looked to Vaerea but she was still laughing. 

"You two catch up. A lot to talk about." Vaera remarked as she headed out.

"Does Rhaenyra hate me?" Aegon questioned falling into step with Vaera. 

"No." She answered. "But even if she did, she's not the one you are marrying." Vaera reminded him kissing his cheek.  

In case you needed a reminder that when they dont make him have crazy eyes in HOTD he's cute

In case you needed a reminder that when they dont make him have crazy eyes in HOTD he's cute. But you all know by now I change young Aegon to draco.