41. The Beast Awaits

Counting Crimes/ House of the Dragon out now!

When Aegon woke in the morning Vaera was still curled up on him. Her head on his chest he wrapped his arms around her he didnt know how long he spent with his hands trailing over her ribs or in her hair before she woke up. He felt her head shift off of him but her hand tighten around his waist.

''Morning.'' Aegon whispered and Vaera looked up at him.

''Hi,'' she whispered back as his hand came to her chin lifting her mouth back to his. Before wrapping his hand around the back of her neck and keeping her lips to his. Vaera smiled into him as she moved her hand sliding up his chest a leg slung over his. His hand slowly trailed away from her hair and down her back. Sliding up and down the back of her thigh keeping her body flush to his. Her dress had slide up in the night so it crinkled and moved under his touch soon leaving her leg bare for him.

She didnt stop kissing him, a gentle hand on his face. Aegon felt her hips roll into him as his hand got higher. His opposite hand wrapped in her hair as he gave her ass a squeeze. He felt her hips press into him again. It felt like they were trying to devour each other and Aegon loved it. He craved it. He never wanted to leave the bed. He lived here now in Vaera.

He adjusted her moving both hands to her hip easing her over to straddle his legs. Both hands sliding up her thighs squeezing her ass as his lips finally pulled away from hers and onto her neck. Vaera leaned into his touch as there was a knock on the door. Aegon groan audibly his hands still sliding up her hip under her dress.

"Princess, the queen would like to have tea with you in the gardens this morning." Criston called through the door.

"The queen? Alicent?" Vaera needed confirmation.

"Yes." Criston agreed.

"Okay... thank you Criston.' Vaera called back as she unraveled herself from Aegon. Aegon groaned his head tipping back as his arms reached out for her.

"Stay." Aegon whined.

"She has been... nicer recently. Maybe this is a fresh start for us." Vaera corrected as she got changed. "I wont turn her away or keep her waiting... I... well I miss Nyra and maybe it would be nice to..." Vaera sighed as she brushed out her hair.

"To have a friend again." Aegon pondered and Vaera nodded slightly. She met his gaze in the mirror.

"You are my friend, but my husband and you know there are just some things you want to talk about with a friend, a sister and not a husband." Vaera offered.

"I get it." Aegon assured.

"You think shes going to yell at me?" Vaera pondered. "The sass and annoyance of well the past ten years hell 15 years." Vaera murmured as she sat on the bed slipping on her shoes.

"I can come with." Aegon offered. "But she doesnt really like me either."

"She is your mother. A bad mother at times but she loves you... even if she doesnt show it too well." Vaera offered.

"You? Defending her?" Aegon laughed out.

"Im trying to turn a new leaf." Vaera offered. "Maybe she wants to do the same."

"One can hope." Aegon agreed. "I can still come with." He assured. "Cant have her being mean to my Vaera."

My Vaera, she thought fondly as he moved closer kissing her again. She leaned into him.

"My Aegon you are sweet. But I think I can handle Alicent... that being said if hot tea is thrown in my face the dragon in me comes out and she wont survive til supper." Vaera declared. Aegon chuckled but the look on Vaeras face made him wonder if she was joking or not.

"The beast awaits."