67. Heirs to Driftmark

Untouched Gold / Tywin Lannister / Avalon Targaryen out now!!

Viserys was getting his daily treatments as per usual when Otto came in to check on the kings status. Birds were chirping in the late morning sunlight.

"I want to have supper, Otto." Viserys remarked.

'It is the morning, Your Grace.'' Otto said gently. Otto had once thought to conspire against the king but now he liked Vaera, he still got Aegon on the throne, his blood but to be Vaera's king and not the King... Otto was still debating what to do about that. 

''Tonight. The whole of my family... are gathered at the Red Keep. I want us...'' Viserys struggled to keep his breath. ''to dine together.'' He groaned as he moved, the pain to much.

''Bring milk of the poppy.'' Otto instructed.

''No. Just arrange the supper.'' Viserys murmured.

""Rhaenyra-" Vaera declared. "Daemon!"  Daemon spun around a big smile on his handsome face as he ran towards her. He picked her up spinning her around. 

"Vaera, gorgeous still a little thing you are." Daemon declared giving her a kiss. 

"I missed you, did you get my ravens? DO you know whats... what... I missed you." Vaera settled on instead. 

"I missed you too, I'm sorry we were gone for so long." Daemon agreed. 

"Where are the boys? I wanted to see them before the petition began." Vaera remarked trying to meet Nyra's gaze. 

"Running around here somewhere." Daemon offered. 

"Hello Rhaenyra." Vaera said staring back at her. 

"Vaera." Rhaenyra answered moving to her and hugging her awkwardly and Vaera thought Rhaenyra seemed a stranger to her now. 

"This is Haezel, wow you are so pretty like you mama." Daemon remarked as Haezel smiled sheepishly back at him. 

"Hello uncle Daemon." Haezel answered and Vaera chuckled. 

"You used to be uncle Daemon to me too." Vaera reminded him. Now he was her brother in law, which was no stranger than Aegon being their half brother and now her husband she supposed. 

"We should get in there." Rhaenyra remarked. 

"Wait-" Vaera begged. "You havent met Alyssa and Jaehaerys yet and- you should... are you going to stay longer this time?"

"After the petition we are going home Vaera." Rhaenyra corrected as she marched down the hall. 

"I would like to meet your new little dragons." Daemon offered. 

"Do you two have any more children?"  Vaera pondered as she ran a hand through Haezel's hair. 

"Rhaenyra's body has become a hostile environment, I dont think anything could grow in it anymore." Daemon corrected and vaera offered him a small smile. "We will talk after, maybe we send Rhaenyra home and you and I and the boys catch up." Daemon offered hugging her again. 

"I would really like that Daemon." Vaera agreed. 

+

''Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters.'' Otto remarked sitting proudly on the throne. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." He decreed. Vaera held Jaehaerys to her he had his thumb in his mouth as his eyes wandered the room. Aemond held onto Alyssa as she babbled into his ear. Haezel looked to Jace and she thought he looked a handsome stranger.