53. Unofficial Contest for Vaera's Heart

Princess Charming / Aemond / Daemon Out now!

Jae and Alyssa were growing strong. Vaera missed Jace and Luke and barely even knew little Joffrey but she tried to push Nyra out of her mind, she would come back to her family when she was ready. 

"How is my little girl?" Viserys questioned coming up to Vaera and Jaehaerys. 

"Good, tired. I forgot how tiring a newborn was." Vaera admitted. "But I'm glad to Aegon, he is such a big help." 

"Better than that awful man ever was." Viserys murmured. 

"Tyon's in hell and Harwin's up in heaven looking out for the girls." vaera agreed. 

"Yes well," Viserys failed at holding back at laugh. "I got something for little Jaehaerys, I know you always like everything sparkly-"

"Still do." Vaera agreed. 

"Well, I had this made for Alyssa and little Jae." Viserys help it out. It sparkled with every move and Vaera smiled down at it, she shook the shimmering purple pom poms laughing out. 

"I love it, its for me right?" Vaera mused. 

"You and them." Viserys agreed. 

"Thank you daddy." Vaerea kissed his cheek and she looked to Jae, Jae stared up at her with awe and wonderment but maybe that was just Vaera's charms. 

But Viserys was right and Jae and Alyssa loved them and Vaera spent hours waving the pom poms until she was bored out of her mind and done with pom poms but Jae loved it and wanted it more and more. How could Vaera say no to that little face? She couldnt.

 How could Vaera say no to that little face? She couldnt

"He is hypnotized." Vaera remarked. Jae smiled back at her reaching out for the pom poms. 

"That might just be you." Aegon corrected. 

"I used to love it but you know the saying too much of a good thing?" Vaera questioned. 

"Yeah," Aegon agreed sitting beside her. 

"Soo much sparkle, I never thought I would say those words." Vaera declared leaning into Aegon. 

"What if we rough it for a few days?" Aegon offered. 

"Like camping?" Vaera questioned. "I havent been camping in ages!" she declared. 

"Just like camping but lots of you and me-" Aegon rolled his chest towards her. 

"Lots of children." Vaera corrected kissing his cheek. "We have lots of children."

+

"Apple or banana?" Aegon offered.

"Keep asking until you get to chocolate." Aemma corrected and vaera burst out laughing.

"Your daughter." Aegon agreed. 

"We are going camping." vaera reminded her. "Of course we are bringing chocolate. But we need some healthy snacks to keep us going." Aemma shrugged. 

"Do we though?" Aemma countered. 

"Your daughter." Aegon repeated with a laugh.

"I'm ready to go Vaera." Aemond declared and Aegon spun around stared back at him. 

"Go?" Aegon questioned incredulously. "Go where?"

"Aemond wanted to come with." Vaera answered. 

"No." Aegon corrected. 

"Yes." Aemond agreed with a smirk. 

"It will be good, someone to keep an eye on the kids with us." Vaera corrected. 

"No." Aegon repeated staring at Aemond, Aemond took a step towards him a sexy smirk on his handsome one eyed face. 

"Yes." 

+

Aegon and Aemond set up the tents. They had a race because they were being competitive and Vaera didnt know why. She was married to him. There was no competition. Sure, Vaera loved Aemond, he was sweet but Aegon was her husband and she wasnt about to cheat on him. She was a one man kind of gal when it came to men she loved.

"Struggling over there?" Criston questioned. 

"We got it!" Aegon sassed. Vaera smiled back at him as Alyssa started walking towards a butterfly, her shaky steps turned into a full on sprint as she ran. 

"Alyssa!" Vaera shouted taking off after her. She mumbled her little baby talk something that could have been I can't stop! Vaera scooped her up and Alyssa was very out of breath. 

"I think we turn tonight in a competition." Aemond remarked. "See who the better man is." He mused knowing how to push Aegon's buttons. 

"Then maybe an actual man needs to play your game." Vizzy declared proudly. Aegon picked him up. 

"Thats you?"  Aegon questioned. 

"Well Ser Criston is a man, man." Vizzy remarked and Criston chuckled glancing back at them. 

"I'm a man, man." Aegon corrected and Vizzy shrugged. "Fine, Criston you can join our competition." 

"I dont need to prove myself to you... my prince." Criston added. 

"You're scared to lose against me. I get it." Aegon assured. 

"I'm not... fine, name it. I will kick your asses." Criston agreed. 

"Mama the boys are having a pee, pee contest." Aemma decided. 

"A what?" Vaera questioned confused. Then she saw them at a stand off. "Goodness boys, I dont like the look of this."

"Nonsense, we are going catch dinner." Aegon remarked. "First to catch a fish-"

"The most fish by the time sun meets that peak." Criston countered pointing into the distance.

"Then fire building-"

"Build the fire first." Vaera instructed. 

"And then comes flaying the fish." Criston remarked and Aemond had never done that before, Aegon had a general idea, just chop the head off, how hard could it be? Very hard. 

So the boys set off for their unofficial contest for Vaera's heart. Aegon already had her heart but she let him act the part, Vizzy chased after them wanting to be a big kid too while Haezel and Aemma helped Vaera. BUt Aemma quickly ran off finding Aemond. Haezel held little Jaehaerys to her as Alyssa babbled a story. 

"Mama?" Haezel whispered as the fire sparked before them. 

"Yeah baby?" 

"I really like Aegon. I'm glad you married him." Haezel remarked honestly as she smiled down at Jaehaerys. 

"Me too." Vaera agreed.