Chapter 15: His Hands In My Hair.

E M B E R

I open my eyes when it feels like dawn outside a dark cave. I look up and see that there are fewer glow worms than before. 

Bummer, because it was a beautiful sight! 

I then notice an arm stretched out and that I have been using it as a pillow. Curious, I turn my head to see the arm owner and come face to face with a handsome guy sleeping next to me. 

Sebastian, my mate — woah, I can't believe he let me do that! 

I take a peek at that rough hand with veins prominently protruding before I stare back at his face. I remember how he looked at me yesterday. I recall the night before and feel the blush. How a person like him can be filled with such intense passion simultaneously is so gentle.

His hands were in my hair.

His lips moved in sync with mine.

So were our heart rates, pounding inside our chests.

I admiringly look at him so peacefully sleeping, and the fact he even snores makes a faint smile appear on my face. Lost, I lift a hand and move it forward. But as I am about to touch his face, he startles me with a moan and slowly opens his eyes. 

I retreat my hand to my chest and shut my eyes close.

I try not to flinch or twitch, but it's helpless when I am very much aware of his gaze burning a hole in my face. I press my lips tight when I feel hot minty breath on my face tracing my jaw and the corner of my lips before tickling right into my ear. I shudder at how tense and hot it feels when his grin is pressed against my ear, and he whispers, "Oh, you can cut the act out. I know you have woken up already." His voice is raspier than ever. 

I feel him hovering over me as he tucks a strand behind my ear and leaves a peck on my ear. It tickles, but I can't react. Not when his condescending tone irks me. But it's not easy to maintain a poker face and pretend you are still asleep when your mate is teasing you with kisses down your neck. 

I subconsciously bite my bottom lip to let a moan escape my mouth. 

Rayne wants me to give in, but I can't now. 

I can't give him the satisfaction that I have been staring at him and how much he affects me even if I am, and he does. 

I try to calm myself down and force myself to fake loud snores when I hear him chuckle. 

It sounds groggy but so hot! Rayne definitely agrees with me. 

Sebastian then scoots closer and squeezes my arm as he whispers, "Oh, come on! You are doing that out of spite now." 

Am I? "I swear if you don't wake up now, I will have no choice —" he sounds playful, but I suppress a grin. 

Should I wake up, then? Childishly, I open my right eye to peek but freeze when I feel his lips trailing kisses down my jaw until he meets my collarbone. 

I shut my eyes too tight and bite my bottom lip to suppress a moan as he presses kisses up my neck, then my jaw. "— but to mark you mine right here, right now." 

In all darkness, my eyes flutter open as I stare in the front while Rayne responds with a purr and is one horny bitch. 

I fall deep in thought until he grunts into my ear, "Oh, c'mon!" 

I blink and hiss a little loud when he tries to grab my attention by biting my earlobe. 

Try? 

He got it.