Epilogue.

E M B E R

"You're hilarious, Ember. I can't help but laugh," Ivory says, shaking her head in amusement.

"What? It's true! I'm just telling the truth. My little Roan will be quite the heartbreaker when he grows up! I mean, just look at him..." I exclaim proudly, holding my one-year-old son on my lap. "... he's the spitting image of his dad. He's going to make all the she-wolves swoon." 

It's not something to wish for or boast about, but my son is just so adorable and charming!

Then I tilt my head up to gaze at my mate and stroke his stubbled cheek with my fingers. "... he'll grow up to be the most handsome and desirable alpha in the pack, just like you."

Sebastian captures my hand and kisses it softly, smiling warmly. I nestle into his chest and sigh contentedly.

"Ugh!" Ivory makes a disgusted noise and grimaces. "You two are still sickeningly sweet."

I sit on the back patio of our beach house, holding my precious baby boy in my arms. He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, with his dark hair and blue eyes. He is my pride and joy, my miracle.

Beside me are my mate, Sebastian, and our friends, Ivory and Flora. We are here to relax and enjoy the serene moments we have here.

It has been three years since we defeated Graham, the demented hybrid who tried to kill us. 

It has been three years since we united our packs and became the most powerful alphas in the world. 

It has been three years since our unification ceremony, where we declared our love and loyalty to each other in front of everyone.

We decided to wait a little before having kids until things settled down in our pack, Crimson Hunters. It was not easy to merge two different cultures and customs to deal with external threats and internal conflicts. We had to work hard to maintain peace and harmony among our people. I remember how patient Sebastian was, even though we knew how much our work was draining us and taking over our honeymoon period. 

Roan Alexander Knight was born on December 1st under the full moon. He is our little winter wonder, weighing 8 pounds and 3 ounces. He was so beautiful, and I cried when I held him for the first time. Sebastian was by my side, holding my hand and kissing my forehead. He was so proud and happy he couldn't stop smiling. He whispered in my ear that he loved me and our son more than anything. 

Well, Sebastian has been amazing. He is always there for me, always helping me with Roan, always giving me time to rest. He is the best father and mate I could ever ask for. And he adores Roan. They have such a strong bond, and it melts my heart.

I look over at Ivory and Flora. They have adopted a baby boy, who is a lively four-year-old named Everett, after Flora's deceased older brother. He is playing with some toys next to Flora, giggling and babbling. 

And recently, Clayton finally found his mate. She is a human named Priya, and she is very beautiful. They are still in the early stage of their relationship because Clayton wants to take things slow with her, to make her comfortable with his world.

I sigh and look out at the setting sun as it casts a golden glow over the ocean water.

"It's stunning," Ivory says softly.

No one says anything, but I know we all silently agree. The sight is breathtaking.

Mates. 

What a strange concept. 

You are destined for someone from the moment you are born and could end up with anyone as your mate. It could be a beta, a rogue, the alpha's daughter, or even the alpha himself. Then, you are expected to move in together and get along instantly, expected to cater to their needs and form a bond that no one else will ever share with you.

For... Sebastian and me, that process was twisted—we started off as two headstrong Alphas who hated each other, but then I stumbled into his territory and pretended to be a human. We denied the attraction between us. And when I wanted to ignore and despise him more, I fell in love. As hard as I fought it, Sebastian Knight became the centre of my universe, and somehow, I became his. 

If someone had asked me in the past if I would ever fall in love with Sebastian, I would have probably torn their limbs apart. But now, if someone asks me that, I would not hesitate to tell them... that I am completely madly irrevocably in love with him. 

We managed to work out our differences and went through some hell together, but it has been the most rewarding journey of my life, something I would never trade, not for anything in the world. 

And now here we are... I glance down at my lap at my sleeping son. He looks so peaceful. I sigh in pure bliss. This moment is so comfortable and wonderful. I cherish it, a moment of peace and pure contentment. 

Right here, right now, I feel complete and happy. Life is fantastic, and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

My life seems perfect, and it is. Just perfect.

I look at Sebastian, only to find him staring at me with love and adoration in his eyes. 

"And how is our little Elara?" He says, reaches across and places his hand over my bump. 

"She's good. Asleep, I think."

I grin, and he caresses my belly. He leans in and captures my lips, kissing me passionately, and then we all watch the pretty sunset together.