Chapter Five

Once we arrived to Ellie's house in my hometown we settled in. I loved the room he had given me. It had my own bathroom and an actual balcony. The only downside was that my room was next to Dominic's room. But I couldn't complain, at least Ellie told me not to do.

Today was the day I face the people that abandoned me the second they could. Leaving me to look out for myself with bruises all over my body. With only the stuff I had which were four outfits and one pair of shoes. They took the liberty of taking away my cash I was saving, $1,000. They were already filthy rich and they decided to take away the little I had without any warning. It was well earned money.

I remember when they used to treat me like I was their actual son. Bringing me to all these dinners, coming to my competitions. "We're so proud of you!" Mom would pull me into a warm hug, making me feel loved and cared for.

We used to go on vacations together and they spend most of their time with me. It all went downhill for some reason. They began going on these business trips leaving me home alone for days. I found a way to live. They stopped talking to me, they ignored me every time I had tried to talk to them. I have up after a few months when my father first hit me for talking to him.

I sighed.

Looking through my suitcase from now and pulled out the best clothes I had. A white button up shirt and black jeans. I laid them out and went to take a warm shower. I relaxed while playing music in the background. Humming along. There was nothing more I wanted than to face those people. It sure will be something.

I looked myself in the mirror now dressed and ready at the exact time Ellie told me to. Tonight will be interesting and I am ready for it.

"You look lovely Timothy. Your parents will see what they missed out on." I jumped when Dominic seemed to appear out of nowhere. "You are trying to hide?" He asked me. Dominic was the definition of creep.

I looked at Ellie and Vincent. Vincent stepped in front of us. "Listen Dominic. ." he whispered some words to him and I was pulled away by Ellie.

"Just ignore him. Dominic is just protective of his workers. Vincent is just telling him to stay away, is all." Ellie shrugged and fixed his red button up shirt then proceeded to fix mine. I had no idea why we had to be all dressed up. It's not like dinner with my family even mattered. All I knew was, Ellie was an important business man and he was on my side. I smiled at that thought, they probably had a lot of respect for Ellie.

"Did you ask him to come along or did he volunteer?"

"Oh no, he insisted." Ellie smiled slightly at me looking as if he wanted to say something. . "Don't worry just a few more weeks Dominic will get tired of chasing you soon enough." he patted my chest and gave me another smile. "Now we shall be on our way." I looked to see Dominic gone.

"What do you mean he's chasing me!?" I told him. But Ellie only shrugged giving me a duh look.

"Dominic obviously is interested in you but he won't make any moves so don't worry. Now let's go,"

When Ellie told me it would be a small dinner in a small restaurant, he was totally bluffing. Ellie told me my whole family would be there, cousins I haven't seen in years, aunts and uncles. All in the best restaurant, five star restaurant, was all reserved. Just for this night. And let me tell you. A glass of water isn't free. It was classy, fancy, I have never seen anything like it. It must be new. To make a reservation you need to wait at least two years to get one night, one night. Mostly ball dances and weddings are hosted here.

It was beautiful.

As we got out of car people began whispering. At that very moment I felt as though I was in a movie. A part where we are walking in slow motion into our doom. Ellie and Vincent the power couple and me just here. Also the body guards. The trusted body guards. I felt like a badass though, walking along side them. I walked with a smirk after I realized that they couldn't believe it was actually me.

"Isn't that their son?" someone whispered. "What is he doing with them?"

"I thought they disowned him." all that stopped once we stepped into the restaurant. Doors closed and Ellie was ready for business. Right at the entrance a waiter came up. So proper and straight.

"Dr-" Ellie raised his hand with a straight face.

"Not now." he stated with an Australian accent. Since when did Ellie have an accent. And since when is he a doctor. Anyways, the waiter immediately shut up and showed us to the table. We climbed up a few stairs and we were there. I was there. Face to face with my family. They stood up, did they really respect Ellie this much.

"Ellie." Mother said.

"Pleasure to have you here." Father gave a nod.

Ellie looked at him and sat down in the empty seat ignoring his extended hands and crossing his legs. Vincent sat next to him and I sat next to Ellie. That's when everyone seemed to realize that  I indeed was alive rather than dead. I was also with none other than Ellie. They looked at each other and back at me. "Problem?" Ellie questioned. Everything was quiet until Mother decided to speak and boy I think she regrets what she said. Because in seconds the tension rose up to 100. But it's not my fault this time.