Chapter 21

Collin and I sat side by side, staring out the window. It's only been about two hours but this is boring. All we have done is stare, just trucks and cars passing by. Then some noises from the other idiots who are sleeping all snoring lightly. I bet they don't even notice that they are all cuddled to each other. There arms all over each other and their legs tangled to each other. It's such a cute sight.

The only reason I went along with the idea was because if I didn't, they would refuse to go out anywhere else but inside my house. Ellie didn't like that idea so I went along with theirs. I was hopeful that it wouldn't work out and look it at, it didn't. I'm sure we all can't function without each other.

"How would it be like if Danny and you never broke up? Or Iris and I never bullied you? What if, your parents never kicked you out? So many what ifs? What if Iris and I were never friends.. what if you were never born.. what if I-" 

"Collin, go lay down and sleep or something." I interrupted his ranting. Collin gets deep when he's tired and just starts acting random questions about life and why it is the way it is. Sometime I go along with it but right now was not one of those times. I wanted some peace and quiet this time. 

"But serious what if-"

"Collin." I looked at him. "Sleep." Collin sighed, he gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting up and going to get comfortable with Iris who was cuddled up into Dominic. They are learning to get along, even if they are sleeping. I turned back around and faced the window. I looked up, at least I'm seeing the meteor shower. I grabbed their camera and opened the door, going out and shutting it behind me. I began taking pictures, maybe they'll be glad I did since they seemed excited to watch it. It was such an amazing view. Just like falling stars. The fresh air made it all the better. 

The door silently opened and arms were wrapped around my waist, as well as a chin placed on my shoulder. Nathaniel."It's nice isn't it?" he whispered. I nodded and learned back into him. "I remember when I was in war at night, this is all we would see. Just bombs and bright lights." 

"Was it scary for you?"

"Of course not. I knew that no matter what, we were cursed to live through it all." 

"It's not a curse, I think." 

"In a way, it is." 

"How so?" I pushed. 

"Well, you haven't been turned, which means that you age with Iris and Collin. While Dominic and I wait with you, you grow old. You grow old, slow but we stay here. The same age. The same story. When Iris, Collin and you leave." Nathaniel took a deep, shaky breath before continuing. "I'm not going to lie, Dominic and I will miss you, even those others." he admitted. I turned around. 

"What makes you think I won't let you and Dominic turn me, plus, I'm sure that if I turn and am doomed to live forever, Iris and Collin would want the same thing." 

"You wouldn't care if we lived forever in this cold world? Where all your memories haunt you, where all your demons are?"

"Of course not. I get to live my happy ever after with all of you guys. I don't mind at all." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him down for a kiss. We both sighed before going back to watching the meteor shower. At least I didn't get to enjoy it alone. I grabbed the camera before we both made our way back into the motel. All of them still sound asleep. 

Nathaniel put about two blankets on the floor, we both sat now, me in between his legs. Just relaxing there. "You can sleep. It's 2am. I could get Dominic or Iris to watch with me." I looked at him with my exhausted eyes. 

"You sure?" he smiled and nodded. 

"Come on, lets get you to bed." Nathaniel helped me up wake up Iris to watch with him. Meanwhile I laid down in next to Dominic. His arms instantly wrapped around me. In no time, my eyes were closed and I was fast asleep. 

**

"Well now we're in for another trip back home." Nathaniel cheered looked bored. "We bought snacks, we can't stop to another place because it's pretty risky. So no snacks. I'm sorry Timothy." I shrugged as we kept driving.

I was currently in the front seat next to Nathaniel, while the others were in the back seat. They were complaining until I told them to be quiet. It's nice to have men wrapped around your fingers.

I surely did love them, I'm not going to lie to myself.

Soon we made it to the airport. I was hungry, so we got some airplane food and it wasn't half as bad as people make it sound.

Besides that I think I got through to them. About all of us spending our time together and trying to get along. Even Nathaniel admitted that they'll be upset if anything ever happened to Iris and Collin. Now all I needed to do was to make Iris and Collin realize that. But it would be easy. Considering that right now they are in the back seat, calm and relaxed. I can't wait for life in general.