❥Chapter 1❥

A villain, that's what people called Andrew Black. Even when he died, they celebrated. They sang praises only for two people Eden Calisto and princess Alienor Divinitia. The people who sent him to be executed him.
He sat in his cell a bit roughed. He looked quite unkept, not that it mattered now. He was playing with his chain when Eden came. Andrew let a bitter laugh when he saw him. The oh-so-just Hero, the always-right Eden Calisto looked at him like he was some sort of vermin. A piece of trash. Next to him, the princess looked at him half pity and half contempt.

“_The time has come, you will pay for your crime.
_Did you come all the way here to mock me?
_Do I look like I have that much free time?
_Then, what do you want?”

Eden frowned while looking at the prisoner. He wanted him dead and fast.
_I wanted to see you before you head to the execution site.
_Didn’t know you were the clingy type.
_I remember someone else clinging to me, And it wasn’t a one-time thing.

Andrew let out a simple “tch” before looking at the bewildered princess. He had a big smirk.

“_What? Didn’t he tell you? About our time in the army. About the time I spent bending over his ta-
_Enough! I did promise you that I would take my revenge. You will pay for what you did.”

There was a silence between them, like a silent discussion. No word was needed. Eden knew Andrew had no regret in his action. Even if it meant destroying whatever they had. Although he didn’t know what the man wanted to accomplish, he was set on stopping him. For one reason, Y/n Calisto.

“_Then let me tell you this Eden. Even if I were to rewind time, I would still cut your mother’s throat with pleasure.”

If he wasn’t behind the bar, Eden would have killed him for sure. The loud bang when he punched against his cell made him shiver before he exploded in a fit of laughing. He could hear the other man throwing profanities at him. Andrew Laughed. He laughed to hide his pain. He didn’t lie, he would kill her again for the sake of his ambition. That is why both of them would be impossible.

Andrew was led, hands and feet tied at the execution site. Everyone who came to see him was throwing rotten fruit at him. Each step was followed by a wave of memory. When his eyes met Eden again, he smiled. Eden’s grey eyes were cold, like ice.

“_I will wait for you in hell.”

The sword severed his head with a swift motion. His body fell limp on the platform as the crowd cheered. His head was held high for the mass to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears fell from Andrew’s eyes when he woke up. He looked around recognising his old room. He even saw his old nanny looking at him. Her frown and pointed look didn’t change. She was way younger than when he last saw her. Sitting up, he looked at the pair of little hands in front of him opening and closing. Did he shrink?

“_Young lord! Are you going to stay in bed all day?? What will your father say, hm?”

Her harsh tone made him frown. Getting out of his bed, he walked past her to look in the mirror. The same silky black hair, the same red eyes, and pale rosy cheek with baby fat. He came back to the past when he was still a child.

“_Nanny, how old am I?
_Huh? You are 8! Ah… that child, is so creepy. How can you forget your age? This is why your father hates you.”

It’s not like he and his father even had a close relationship. He didn’t care anymore. Instead, he could feel a smile creeping up. What a chance, what’s the odd for him to come back in the past? Before HE is born. He only has 1 year before Eden Calisto is born. Andrew hummed as he thought more about it. He was processing everything he knew. Eden’s mother was a woman from the slum named Y/n L/n, Duke Calisto fell in love with her and took her as his mistress. She became the duchess after his wife died. Eden was an illegitimate son but the most talented swordsman in the country. From what he remembered from the duchess, she was quite a meek person. Shy and reserved, very weak and easy to bully. Maybe this was why Eden was quite protective of her.
What a pity, he will never see those beautiful grey eyes that once shined with determination.
He was so deep in his thought, he didn’t notice the woman behind him. She grabbed him by his hair making him grimace.

“_Why aren’t you listening? I said-
_Shut up!!!”

He grabbed the first weapon he could find. He took a pair of scissors and almost planted it on her neck. She stumbled back scared by what just happened. Andrew had a wide smile as he looked at her.

“_Nanny, prepare some simple clothe, I want to go out.”