❥Chapter 7❥

Berth was baffled at the mocking word she threw at her. Never had she thought she would see such a vengeful person.

"_So? Why are you wearing such poor clothes? People would say the Duke family mistreated their nanny.

_You!!"

Y/n had a playful smile on her lips. Her tone was as sweet as a songbird. She was a demon dressed as an angel. Joseph was enjoying the show. When Berth threw herself at his feet, she was stunned for a moment. He looked indifferent. She concluded she saw it wrong.

"_My lord, she destroyed everything! I don't have any outfits left.

_Even so, you should have worn them, no?

_You are being too much Madame! I would be exposed! It's no different from being naked."

Y/n sipped on her tea looking at the nanny. Her eye shined like she was in front of prey. She gave the middle-aged woman a pointed look, before smiling. She had a crooked smile that made her look fierce. In Joseph's opinion, she looked cute. Like a cute kitten trying to be ferocious.

"_You said it last time, 'Even if it was dirty or ripped, he should have worn it'. Am I right? So we should apply it to everyone, starting with you.

Berth paled when she spoke about that incident. She should have been more careful. The new madam had been so tame these few days, that she thought she could oppress her. No, it's that innocent and soft look she had. Y/n looked like a sweet and very soft woman. Well, she is sweet, especially around the children.

Joseph watched the nanny blushing with shame, the middle-aged woman knew she could get out of this.

"_I... I was wrong, please forgive me. "

Y/n sipped on her tea while looking down at the woman. Berth, who was kneeling in front of her, looked completely embarrassed. How long was she supposed to kneel like that?

Five minutes passed and still no word from the Duchess. She started a chat with Joseph who acted as if nothing happened.

"_You are more strict than I thought you would.

_I'm not THAT strict, but I hate double standards."

Joseph smiled at her, his son had more taste than he thought.

"_Mom? The maid said you were there."

Andrew opened the door after knocking. With a cute smile on his lips, he came inside soon followed by Eden. Both children run to her not even sparing a glance to the pleading nanny.

Berth was livid, they ignored her.

How could her young lord, the child SHE raised do that to her? Worse, that thing from the slum also dared to ignore her. He seemed to have forgotten his place. The sudden rise of status surely. Well, his wench of a mother was able to bed another Duke. Just the child's appearance was enough proof. That sort of woman couldn't be good.

"_Young master!

_Hm? Oh, nanny?

_Please help this old nanny of yours, the madam hates me.