❥Chapter 2❥

Andrew hopped out of the carriage not far from the slum in the east of the capital. He covered his head before walking alone in the alley. He could see homeless people and children alike everywhere. Some eyed him like prey, but none was Y/n. The young boy walked searching for her before reaching the slum. The house was completely run down or made with materials they found on the street.

"_You shouldn't come here, kid. This isn't a place to play."

He turned around and saw the beautiful woman. She looked younger than his first meeting. Her dress was of poor quality with a lot of stitches but she seemed to glow. No wonder Duke Calisto fell for her.

He acted like he was frightened, even tearing up a bit.

"_I... I...

_ Are you lost?"

He grabbed her skirt, acting pitifully. Y/n's heart melted in front of that child. He looked like a noble so what was he doing in this run-down district? Without any escort at that. It was dangerous. Now that she thought about it, it was strange. Maybe the child was in danger. He didn't look older than ten. Against her better judgment, she decided to take the kid under her wing. Maybe it was the motherly cord that encouraged her, but she couldn't let him fend for himself. Andrew pushed his face into her dress crocodile tear staining his cheek. This was easier than he thought.

"_ Do you want to come with me?

_ Let's go somewhere safer than let's search for your parents. I have a son around your age."

It would be nice to get a big reward on the way. The beautiful young woman smiled before taking his hand. Andrew on the other side frowned. Eden didn't say he had a brother from his mother. Maybe he died before she met with Duke Calisto since he was in the slum. Children rarely survived here. Y/n took him to her small house. It was made of wood and looked almost ready to collapse, that was how poor they were. The young woman opened the door with a big smile.

"_I'm home, come to say hello Eden.

_ Welcome home, mama! Look! I took great care of the house..."

Andrew shivered as the young boy stared at him. His bright eyes dulled as his smile left his lips. The same white hair, the same grey eyes, he was the same one. In front of him, stood in poor clothes his future nemesis Eden Calisto. His clothes looked better than his mom's, which showed how much she cared about the little shit. Andrew was displeased to see the kid, and Eden looked like he was ready to throw up. The sweet angel as he portrayed himself was glaring at the unwanted guest.

"_ Didn't know we were running a kennel for stray dogs...

_ Didn't know alley cats could be this ugly...

_Don't you think you should learn to have some class?

_ Then mind your manner, you little shit.

_What did you say, fucker?"

Y/n looked at the duo stunned for a moment. Eden always had good manners so what was happening? She looked at them back and forth before rolling her sleeve up. She pinched both ears putting a stop to the bickering. They both pitifully looked at her before grumbling sorry. That didn't help them escape a long and earful scold about how this is not how they should behave while berating and warning them not to listen to the drunkard at the tavern.