❥Chapter 6❥

The Black duchy was in disarray when Joseph came back. Lady Adelaide was waiting for him (even though she came uninvited), and now their lord came with a woman hooked on his arm. The young master and a white-haired boy behind them. From her clothes, obviously a commoner. The servants welcomed them before Dominic rushed to the Duke. 

"_Welcome back, my lord. I see that the young lord is safe. May we know who this woman is? 

_From today onwards, she is the new duchess. Y/n White. No, Y/n Black, I expected everyone to treat her as such.

_It an honor to meet the Duchess, and this young lord? "

Eden moved forward before greeting the old man flawlessly. He had the manner perfect for a noble to everyone's surprise except Andrew. He hated the boy but having him as an ally was better.

Dominic felt his mouth dry. That child looked like he was a noble from birth. Although not as elegant as a true noble, the mother did have a good base herself. 

"_I'm Eden, please take care of me.

_Nice to meet the little master."

Joseph took everyone inside and gave his coat to the butler. The maids busied themselves with Y/n's suitcase.

"_Lady Adelaide is here. She insisted on waiting for you." 

The Duke let out a "tch" before turning towards the h/c-haired woman. Her attention was upstairs. Eden lifted an eyebrow before glancing at Andrew.

"_I thought you didn't have a mom. What's up with her?

_I don't have any, she is Adelaide Nightingale. A spineless bitch. We will need to deal with her to protect our mom.

_Don't worry "

Eden was irked when he called Y/n "mom". She was his and only HIS mom. He chuckles as Andrew judged him silently.

"_You think a woman as pretty as Mom could live that peacefully? I saw many destroying their own face to escape unwanted attention." 

Not wanting to continue this chat, Eden ran next to his mother. 

Adelaide was standing on top of the stairs. She didn't even hide the contempt in her eyes. How dare she? Looking at her like that, daring to look in her eyes when she was definitely superior. That woman was definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

Y/n found Adelaide pretty. Long curly blond hair, thin waist, and fox-like eyes. But most importantly, green eyes reminded her of a snake. 

A small smile drew on Y/n's face before she talked. Not to Adelaide, much to her embarrassment but to Joseph. 

"_Who could she be? She looks very beautiful. 

_This is Lady Adelaide, the daughter of a vassal.

_I see, for a moment I thought she was a ghost coming to haunt us." 

Adelaide blushed with shame. Joseph chuckled and turned toward Y/n. She looked so soft, so sweet, he underestimated her and believed she was a weak person. 

The blond woman frowned before talking in an imposing manner. 

" _Who are you?? How dare you insult me? A noble? I will have your head for that!! 

_I see… Nice to meet you Lady, I'm Y/n Black. I heard from MY husband that he used to work with your father?" 

She looked around cutely before smiling at her. Adelaide was livid, without thinking and not wanting to believe this, she yelled at the provocative woman. For her, Y/n was nothing but a shameless woman who dared to take the place meant for her. 

If no one was there, she would have shredded her to pieces. 

"_Be careful of what you say. We wouldn't want you to be arrested for slander. 

_We also wouldn't want you to be too disrespectful, right? 

_When was I disrespectful? 

_I'm the Duchess, Lady Adelaide. And you are only the daughter of a vassal. Do you understand the difference in status?"

Y/n wasn't clueless, Joseph was right. She may look weak, but she wasn't that simple. Adelaide left angrily and was unable to refute her words. 

The newlywed Duchess sat in the drawing room, drinking tea with her two sons. The servants looked dazed, she had elegant manners, like she was a noble. Although not perfect, anyone could see she was educated. She had the base and maybe the root. 

Spilling crocodiles' tears, the nanny came into the room and grabbed Andrew's hand. Y/n could see the numerous rings and some precious necklaces on the nanny. She could smell the strong perfume. With a polite smile, Y/n greeted her only to get a glare. The nanny was hostile to her, from her point, it was for no reason. But looking at the jewelry, it was because now that a hostess is there, she will not be able to do anything she want like before. The second reason could be that she formed an alliance with someone.

“_You must be Nanny Berth, nice to meet you. I’m-!

_Madame, how could you dress the young lord like that!? 

_I couldn’t let him wear a dirty outfit.

_Even if it was dirty or ripped, he should have worn it. Those rags aren’t for noble.”

Y/n lifted a brow while listening to the middle-aged woman. She agreed with a bright smile. Andrew shuddered looking at her. Now he knew where Eden got that habit of smiling brightly before starting a fight. The nanny looked satisfied without knowing the woman’s intention. 

~~~

Two days later, Y/n was drinking tea in Joseph’s office. The Duke asked her what she was doing there, and she only answered “I’m waiting, please don’t mind me.” He didn’t know what she meant before Berth, her face stained with tears and completely red came running back. 

“_My lord please help me! The Madame! The Madame ripped all of my dresses.

_That's not good Berth, why are you dressed in such a poor quality dress?”

Dominic who was present when the first incident happened, couldn’t help but pity the nanny. This Madame knew how to hold a grudge a little too well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omake :
Tell me you hate someone without telling me you hate someone

Y/n : *complimenting Adelaide while comparing her to a vicious snake*

Joseph: Best decision of my life.

Eden: *Holding a knife ready to erase anyone who dare look at his mama*