❥Chapter 5❥

Y/n was sitting between the two children who played with her hands. They looked like little angels but once her attention was somewhere else... Both glared at Joseph who was unimpressed by the children. It was cute, they looked like two lion cubs trying to act tough because their mother was not far.

Talking about his son, he wondered how she tamed him. That son who killed any servant who displeased him and had a very luxurious taste was sleeping and eating in a very poor house. He even acted cute and sweet to her. She even birthed that silver cub, that woman wasn't to be underestimated.

"_Would you like something... Hum... To Drink maybe?

_If you have tea, it would be perfect.

_Of course."

Y/n left to prepare the tea followed closely by Eden. It was Andrew's father. He wasn't crude enough to listen to their conversation. Once the mother and son pair disappeared behind the door, the smile on the young boy's face faded.

" _What do you want? You complied way too easy to be true.

_That child is a Calisto.

_So what? He didn't know his father, he is just a clueless child.

_You really think he is clueless? That child isn't normal."

Andrew could feel cold sweat form on his body. He and Eden returned to the past but his father couldn't have noticed it.

" _His aura feels similar to the aura in the first emperor's mausoleum."

Andrew felt startled at his words. The first Emperor's mausoleum was a very important and sacred place. Although his lineage was extinct, the artifacts there were powerful enough to destroy a city. It was sealed by the emperor itself until the current imperial family was able to open it. But no one was able to use it or activate the artifacts. Thanks to that and the lack of information, only speculation on his use could be made. Some said it could be a destructive weapon, some people even said that the artifacts were powerful enough to revive the dead.

Andrew turned his head toward the room Eden and Y/n left in. Could it be why, Eden married Princess Alienor? Only the imperial family had access to the mausoleum.

At that time, Eden supported the princess to the throne and even purged the imperial family of his male heirs. That stupid girl didn't know she was just a tool for the young Duke.

But he wasn't better. He too was a bathrobe to a princess. The second princess Katherina was his fiancee and the bitch who betrayed him.

Somehow he felt relieved that it wasn't a marriage of love. Maybe because of their past relationship.

"_Do you know something?

_No, I don't know. And as long as I get my mother I don't care."

Joseph was curious. What did she do for his son to be this smitten with her? He couldn't see he would refuse aside from her background. Not to mention, he could get a hold of Vincent's little bastard, and escape the pressure to remarry from his vassal. And since she is not from a noble family, she wouldn't pose any threat to Andrew's future.

"_Harry, prepare a certificate. Do it as fast as possible.

_Yes, my lord."

Andrew watched his father's aid leave quickly the house. Just then, Y/n came back with a tray. Eden came behind with a plate of dry cookies. She served them in mismatched cups.

The tea was delicious for its quality, even the brewing technique was perfect.

"_Are you from a noble family?

_No? Is there a problem with the tea?

_It's delicious, hard to believe you aren't noble."

Y/n laughed a bit before serving some to the children. She patted before sitting in front of Joseph.

"_I learned from my mother, she used to work for a noble family before getting married.

_I see, have decided?

_About what?

_Becoming Andrew's mother."

The h/c-haired woman frowned while looking at the man in front of her. She didn't know if he was serious or even thought about it. She looked at him like he tried to scam her.

"_I'm widowed, and the child needs a mother figure. If it's about your son, don't worry. I don't mind taking him in.

_I'm sorry but I can't. Wouldn't noble need marry between their class?

_It's precisely why I want to marry you. Noble will try to manipulate things from behind or even put my son in danger.

_Who says I wouldn't?

_Because you will be dead before trying. And it's not a bad deal for you. Think about your son, are you going to let him live in the slum? "

The woman stopped in her track when he said that. Of course, she didn't want him to grow up here. In a pit of no good and lowlives men. Right at this time, Harry came with the marriage certificate and put it on the table. He whispered something in Joseph's ears and then stood back.

"_We may have to hurry. Do you want a better life for your son or not?"

Y/n looked at the door for a few minutes hoping for a miracle, before sighing. She took the pen and signed. She had to think of her son first, old things like promises mattered nothing to her. Joseph smiled before taking the paper and signing it too. Now there was no going back.

~~~

Vincent rode his horse at a frightening speed. People jumped out of the way looking at the white Duke like he was a madman. Paul and a few other knights looked at him worried that he may cause an accident.

Reaching the slum, he got down and searched the place before seeing a woman climb inside a carriage. Her h/c colored hair was enough to give away who she was. Behind her, a small white-haired boy was ready to climb. He stopped before looking at him.

As to mock the man, Eden gave him a big smile. It was one of his most bright and innocent-looking smiles before jumping into his mother's arms inside the carriage. Vincent's heart swelled with pain. Having left his horse behind, he could only run after them.

"-Y/N!!!"

The woman was talking with the two children when she thought she heard Vincent. She was going to look back when both stopped her by diverging her attention back to her.

'Goodbye, Vincent...'

She could only think of it but not utter it. Joseph snickered while looking at Vincent Calisto. He never saw him looking this desperate before.

He guessed that was what they called pure love. Not that he would have understood it.

He could see the tears of Venus, one of the most beautiful treasures and symbols of Duchess Calisto for generations now. The current Duchess had suffered a lot of mockery and backlash because she never received it. Turns out, he gave it to a commoner who he had a passionate love with. 'What a tragic love story' Joseph mocked them silently. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eden and Andrew's Relationship: Lovers => Enemi => Brother

It's the strangest Relationship evolution I ever made, it's funny. 

Vincent and Y/n started as a friend when they fell in love and they wanted to keep it that way. Vincent did a drunk confession, and they had a one-night stand that turned into a full-blown relationship. He lived with her in the village for half a year under the name of Vincent White. It was the best moment of his life. They were actually kind of married as Vincent and Y/n White. 

Y/n isn't completely clean, she knew who he was and that he was married. She is the one who proposed to marry under a fake family name in case she fell pregnant. This way, her child wouldn't be a bastard.