4

Y/n's POV...

I don't know if I should be pleased or not. I was in the same room as Chishiya and I felt uncomfortable. 

"Must you stare at me while I change into a swimsuit?"

"Am I not allowed to? I've seen you naked a thousand times before." He said this like it was the most amusing thing on earth. 

"I mean, you have. But do you need to? I mean, it's unnerving."

"Unnerving? My gaze? Since when?" He moved closer to me and brushed his pointer finger against my bare back, going downwards.

"Chishiya," I warned. 

"Is this making you uncomfortable?" he murmured.

"A little." I gasped as I felt him undo my bra.

"Mmm, and what about this?" I felt him squeeze one of my breasts. 

"Chishiya stop. I don't want to do this right now." I heard him sign in disappointment. He walked over to a nearby chair and sat down. 

"Fine, we won't do it just yet. I want you to be comfortable you know."

"What about you? Are you comfortable here?"

"No, but I don't plan to stay here for long."

"You have a plan?" I asked him. He merely nodded to tell me I was right.

I signed and finished putting my swimsuit on. Out of all my options, this one was my favorite. But I was still a way to expose. 

"Do you have an extra jacket I can have? This is too revealing."

"Aren't they all too revealing? I don't feel like having another man have his eyes on you."

"You're choosing to do this now? In whatever this place is?"

"Yes. I wasn't a perfect husband before. And I want to fix that. I want to fix everything." he answered honestly.

"You can't fix everything. You can't fix the past or either of our parents. It's not fixable." I stated coldly.

"But it could be."

"It could be? It could be, that funny. That's what my mother said when it was first announced we were engaged to each other."

Flashback...

"Oh don't give me that look, it could be fun. You could love him like I grew to love your father." Mom said dreamily.

"If that's so why are you cheating on him?"

"We do not speak of that!" she whispers yelling at me.

"Why? Because dad will hurt you for it? He'll kill him? The MAN you're sleeping with?"

I felt the pain in my cheek. Mom had slapped me, hard. Harder than I thought she ever would. I touched my cheek and stared at her wide-eyed.

"You slapped me?"

"You need to keep your mouth shut," she said through pursed lips.

"You haven't hit or physically touched me in a while," I told her calmly.

"So? What of it?"

"Nothing." 

"What?"

"Do you ever imagine a life without him?" I jerked my head upstairs to where dad was.

"Yes... I do it all the time. But I know if I ever did he would find a way to get me locked up. I've made mistakes, things I'm not proud of. This is why I want you to give Shuntaro Chishiya a chance. This could be different."