5. BONFIRE

I hadn't spoken to Unicorn Dick since Wednesday. We'd handed in our assignment early and now we were just waiting for Mr. Hammock to open the door so we could go to class. Something told me he was having a little wank in there.

The morning after our little sleepover Timothy and I said our awkward goodbyes at the front door and hadn't spoken since. I didn't know why but I felt kind of nervous to see him. It was really fucking stupid.

"Hey dude," Dave greeted me.

"'Sup man." I mumbled, staring at the hallway to my left.

"Are you excited for tonight?! Man, the bonfire is gonna be fucking awesome! And more importantly, I can't wait to see Jennifer in a bikini again."

"Yeah, me neither." I agreed absently.

I looked to my right and suddenly saw him. He was leaning against the window with headphones in his ears. Today's outfit consisted of classic black and white converse, a ripped black skinny jeans and a tight white band t-shirt.. His arms were bare, apart from the checkered wristbands he was wearing.

He was tapping his foot along to whatever song he was listening to. What was he listening to?

I suddenly felt a hard fist against my chest.

"Ow!"

"Dude, you're not listening!"

"Yeah, I was. You were talking about Jennifer."

Dave kept quiet.

Lucky guess.

"You have to bring beer tonight, man."

"Sure, whatever."

I looked back at emo boy but he was gone. Most people were. When I looked in front of me I realized the door was open.

When I stepped into class I instantly felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Joshua! Am I glad to see you!" Mr. Hammock said.

"What do you need?" I asked warily, shrugging out of his grasp.

"I read your and Timothy's work. You two are amazing! I would never have believed you'd written it if it wasn't for the handwriting! Your takes on Wilde's works are simply enlightening. You, sir, have an eye for poetry!"

My friends at the back of the class started laughing.

"No, I don't! I just filled in some random nonsense!"

"Well, you got an A, so."

"Great. Whatever." I shrugged and rushed to my seat.

I was so embarrassed. The guys wouldn't stop teasing me all throughout class. I wish I hadn't done my best. Then again, I'd probably be in huge trouble with my dad. Well.. more trouble than I already was after Wednesday.

Mr. Hammock left to go print out our new assignments. I looked over at Timothy and noticed he was suddenly surrounded by girls.

"We heard you're emo." One of them said.

"And you have a boyfriend." Another.

Timothy looked surprised they were talking to him. So far he'd only kept to himself.

"Uh.. Yeah. That's right."

"That's so cool!" Claire exclaimed.

"Can I touch your hair?" Veronica asked.

"Uh.. sure."

"Oh wow!" Veronica ran her hands across his head gently.

"I freaking LOVE what you're wearing! Where did you get it?"