Chapter 27: The new project

Cole's POV

I sighed as I woke up. Bad way to start a day.

Bella was not next to me. She didn't even let me hold her last night.

I went in late to the office. My outfit was also a mess. I just wore a black jeans and a grey t-shirt today.

It was always Bella who picked out my outfit for me, and I didn't have the heart to break the tradition today.

I heard my employees whispering behind me at my unusual outfit. I never wore casuals to office.

I felt a stare at the back of my head but I kept walking.

"Damn, Cole. What happened to you today? " Ellie asked. She was back, thankfully.

I just shrugged, opening up a random file.

"Let me guess, you fought with Bella?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I stiffened, but continued reading the file, well, pretending to.

"Did you apologise? " She asked again. I didn't reply. "Fine, don't answer me. But you are holding the file upside down." She said with a smirk.

I blinked my eyes, and turned the file around.

She started walking out, when I spoke.

"I didn't. " I said in a small voice. She stopped and turned around.

"Then why don't you? Look here, it might be a silly reason for which you two are fighting. You might not even be the one who started it. But I don't want you to delay in me having a godchild. So just suck it up and apologize to her, today. " With that, she walked out, leaving me dumbfounded.

Damn!

Well she was right.

I have to apologize.

I took out my phone, texting Liam to take the day off.

•••

It was evening and I stepped into the basement where my car was parked.

I quickly drove out and waited outside, a little away from the building.

As I thought, Bella came out and started walking in the opposite direction.

I quickly started the car, and drove near the sidewalk.

I lowered the window and stopped the car.

"Get in. " I said, looking forward.

I heard her sigh, but she got in, without a word.

We drove in silence for half an hour, before I drove off to the side and parked the car.

I turned to her, only to find her staring at me.

"Look. I-" I started but stopped. I took her hand in mine and looked at her in the eyes. "I am sorry. But you still shouldn't have come to the office. I only want what's the best for you. You got sick and I told you to take the day of. Yet you thought that I was trying to be controlling. That wasn't what I was doing. "

Her eyes softened and she nodded.

"I am sorry too. I should have listened to you. I am a little tired after working the whole day. " She admitted.

My anger grew again but before I could speak she shut me up with a soft kiss on my cheeks.

"I hope that will forgive me. And lessen your anger. " She said with a grin.

Of course. It did.

I laughed and started the car again, driving off to our home.

~~

A week later

I was in the conference room having a meeting with the architects and designers. Which included my wife sitting at a little distance from me.

"So, this is what we have planned for you. " Sampson concluded his speech.

We had built a new hotel in Paris and we had to make a new team of our architects and designers.

"After discussing about it, we have come to the conclusion that Miss Davis, Miss Baker and Miss Alisha will form the new team for the upcoming project. "

The three of them looked happy.

Glad that they could get along together.

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅⃝◌

A/N:

I have nothing to say today 😶

See you in the next update.

31-05-2023