Chapter 30: Good News

A/N: This is the second update.. Please read 'Chapter 29: Problems?' before this.

Bella's POV

It was now mid January.

Everyone was slightly free after the quick wave of important projects. So we had lots of free time on our hand.

I had taken a day off today because I was down with a cold. My nose was runny, and my stomach was also upset.

I walked to the kitchen and started preparing dinner, while eating a bar of chocolate.

I knew the reason for my tiredness.

Last time when I visited my in-laws, I came to know that I was pregnant.

I was watching some tv show with my mom and mother in law. When the maid servant handed me a plate of sandwiches, it made me nauseous.

I had puked everything I had eaten that afternoon.

That made my mom suspicious and they told me to take a test.

And of course, it had come positive, which had shaken me deeply.

I felt I wasn't ready but after encouragement from my mother in law and mom, I felt better.

I had yet to tell Cole about it.

I have already prepared a small gift for him which I planned to give tonight.

The front door opened and I peeped out, finding Cole walk in, the top two buttons of his shirt open.

"Bella? " His voice called out loudly.

"In the kitchen. "

Then his footsteps echoed in the room, and soon he was beside me. He stood leaning against the wall.

"Hi! How was your day? " He asked, running his hands through his hair.

I smiled in return.

"Good. I cooked your favorite tonight. Chicken tortilla soup and Spaghetti with ham. So freshen up quickly. "

His eyes lit up and he nodded, walking out after pecking my cheeks softly.

I was setting the table when he returned.

"Come on, Bella. Atleast leave one work for me. " He groaned and sat down next to me.

"You worked the whole day in office didn't you? So let me take care of you in home. Anyways you won't let me do anything after I tell you about it. " I grumbled the last part.

"What did you say? " He said, looking up at me.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

He served both of us and we started to eat, with occasional talks about our day.

After dinner we sat by the outdoor pool, our legs dipped in the cool water.

I stared up at the dark moonlit sky, while leaning my head on his shoulders. His hands were playing with my hair, while simultaneously playing with the water below his feet, by splashing some on me.

"Hey! "

His laughter echoed in the silent night, while I stared at the beautiful man beside me.

He was shining in the bright moonlight.

"I have a small gift for you. " I said, after a short silence.

"What is it? " He asked curiously. He peeped beside me when I tried to take the box from my right where it was hidden.

"Stop peeping like that. "

"Okay, sorry. I understand it's a surprise. But what can I do? I'm curious." He lifted his hands up in surrender when I glared.

I handed the small square box to him.

He opened it carefully, setting the gift wrapper aside.

I stared at his face with a huge smile on mine.

His eyes widened, before tears slowly trailed down his perfect cheeks

"Why are you crying? " I asked worriedly. Wasn't he happy for us? Did he not want a baby now?

"These are just happy tears. I am so happy. Thank you." With that, his hands wrapped around my waist and he hugged me tightly.

My eyes too filled with tears and I cried with my hands wrapped around his neck.

"Thank you so much. This is the best news I have ever heard, after you agreeing to marry me. " He said, his voice  a little muffled in my hair.

He leant back and looked at my face, pure adoration in his eyes.

"Our baby will have the best parents one could have. " He stated with a full blown smile. I nodded in agreement.

He stood up and stretched his hands out, and lifted me in his arms.

"Be ready, Mrs. Cole Creed. I am going to spoil you so much now. " He said, and walked back inside, while I giggled and laughed.

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅⃝◌

A/N:

03-08-2023