ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 5

Aditya's pov

I was sitting at Akshita's place where we were having dinner while my not-so-innocent brother was blabbering entertaining us.  I was glancing at Akshita from corner of my eyes. She was looking very happy with a constant smile on her face. She was wearing a pink suit with no makeup and her hairs tied in a loose bun few of her silky locks resting on her cheeks.

Dammit !! She has something.
She has messed up with my mind.

"Aunty the food is just amazing. Now I know why bhabhi is such a good cook cause she learnt from you" Ishan said stuffing butter chicken and naan in his mouth. I shook my head at his antics.

"Damadji ! Apko khana pasand nhi aaya?" Ma asked me.

(Didn't you like the food ?)

"Ma khana bohot acha infact best hai" I gave her an assuring smile.

(Food is great in fact it's best)

"Toh beta aur lijiye na" she said and put more chicken and naan on my plate. I looked at my plate in horror it was full so was my stomach but Ma was hell bent on over feeding me. I rolled my eyes at Akshita who was suppressing her laugh looking at my condition.

(Then you should take more)

I'll see you later Wife.

I glared at her which she didn't notice and I again focused on my plate.

My in-laws are very nice no doubt. Ma and Papa never made me feel any less.
We hardly visit her but whenever I come here she starts feeding me all the delicacies which she prepared specially for me. I felt overwhelmed with her gesture as I was not to used such attention. But I can't help I can't even deny her. I was not a person who loves to socialise much but with them I have to be familiar for being a good son in law.

Any how I finished my dinner and we were sitting again talking about nothing in particular.

"I guess the cupcakes are ready I'll bring them" said Akshita and went in kitchen. We again got busy in our conversation and within a few minutes we heard Akshita's scream making my heart clench.

Did something happen to her ??

An unknown fear engulfed me. My legs having a mind on it's know rushed to the kitchen. I reached in kitchen to find Akshita holding her right hand and hissing while the oven was still open. I assumed she burn her hand while taking out the cupcakes.

My clumsy wife 💀.

I sighed in relief that she was not much hurt. My heart was beating rapidly.

I had an unknown feeling.
It happens everytime when something happens to her.
I never felt like this for anyone.

I shrugged my thoughts. Right now she is important I could decipher my feelings later.
I took a long strode towards her and dragged her to sink keeping her hands under the running water of tap.

"How did it happen beta ?" Ma asked in concerned voice.

"I--I actually forgot to wear oven gloves while taking out the pancakes" she said in low voice with her head hung down.

"How can you be so careless Akshita ? You just burn your hand" I scolded her before anyone could.

God she scared the shit out of me.

"Sorry" she whispered still looking at the ground and I sighed in frustration.

"Leave it! It's nothing serious rub this ice on her hand" Advik said giving me ice cubes. I rubbed the ice on her hand while she hissed feeling the cold sensation.