ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 21

300 votes in less than 24 hours 🤯
Wow. Impressed.
So here is your second update.
You all demanded so.
I want lots of inline comments 👍

Author's pov

Akshita's eyes fluttered, she opened her eyes and the bright light hit her eyes. She groaned as the pain shot in her head cause of the light. Her pupils dilated and she tried to adjust to the lights. Her eyes moved across the room to find everyone staring at her with sympathy.

Her mother moved towards her, stroking her cheek, she placed a kiss on her covered forehead.

"How are you feeling ?" Advik asked sitting in front of her.

"Huh" Akshita's brow squinted in confusion and she observed her hand attached to an iv. Realisation dawned upon her, snippets of memories crowded upon her and her pulse quickened.

"I fell from stairs" she muttered trying to remember.

Her palm went on her stomach "My baby. Is my baby fine ?" she asked frighten and sat on the bed.

"Akshita relax" Advik smoothed her back.

"You are scaring me. My baby is safe ?" She questioned her voice edged with pain.

"Drink water first" Advik brings the glass of water close to her.

"Bhaiya tell me na" she requested but he insisted her to drink water. She drank a few sips.

"Answer me please" her voice cracked and fear flashed across her face.

Advik's heart twisted in pain to see his sister. He kept his tears at bay and cradled her face "Akshita you had a miscarriage" as soon as the words escaped his lips all colour from Akshita's face drained.

"What ?" She asked with tears brimming her eyes.

Words struck her harder than it should. She clasped her mother's hand in her fist. Panic exploded her stomach and heart thrashed into her ribcage. Shiver rolled down her spine and body stiffed.

"Akshita" Advik started to speak but his throat clogged and he stroked her cheeks silently.

Akshita's eyes flickered around the room when it landed on the person behind this tragedy. Person behind her miseries. Her Husband. His gaze met with her for a split second before he averted his eyes. Tears cascading down his cheek.

"Why are you crying ? You should be happy right" everyone's head snapped at Akshita who was glaring at Aditya with hatred.

"I am sorry Akshita" Aditya cried before bowing down his head. Frown etched on everyone's face while Niharika's eye widened in shock realising where it was leading to.

"Ishu bring whiskey for your bhaiya. It's time for his celebration" mock evident on Akshita's tone shocked everyone.

"You must be happy right. God fulfilled your wish" A sob left Aditya's lip at her words.

"Ou-my baby is no more" Aditya's heart pricked when she corrected her words. Hint of hatred tainted her words.

"What are you saying Akshu ? Why will he be happy ?" Advik asked confused.