chap 2 (the naming ceremony)

As salaamu alaykum my dear readers am so sorry for the late update hope am forgiven 🙏 jazzakumulahu kohyron

Enjoy your reading ❤️

***********************

Lakum deenukum Walaya Deen
To you be your religion and to me be mine

Song of praise filled my heart as I held my baby in my hands, a smile made its way to my lips as I remember a my dramas when I was pregnant, this little baby girl made me lie at a neighbor's naming ceremony when they were making Lipton black tea with milk early in the morning as they were trying to entertain the early guest.
I started craving for it and I took the biggest jug in my kitchen, I told them that I wanted to serve the guest inside as I don't want to embarrass my self and they gave it to me, I went inside and I can't believe I finished a big jug about 2½ litters of black tea in a sitting. Don't come for me I know but I can't help it.

I couldn't believe am holding my little princess. My families came to greet me at the hospital and the next day I was free to go home.
We got home and the preparation for the naming started immediately as it was going to happen the following week on Tuesday since we birth the baby on Tuesday. My families and friends began to come around and my mother was there for me. She would bath for my baby, sing for her, rock her to bed she was just to excited to have another granddaughter and she made sure I fulfill her demands to feed her at every of her demands she just likes food too much. Well this was supposed to be the duty of my mother-in-law but sadly she's no more as she passed away when my husband was in his teens. As the tradition of Yorubaland it's the mother of the husband that is supposed to do omugor when a baby is born.

Tuesday came so fast an our house was filled with different people and activities caterers cooking, music been played, people singing and dancing as the whole household of the 'Adesina' was fill with joy.

My mother iya onikoko as we call her because she sells coaco and palm oil, and her friends from the village were singing and dancing while going around the house, I was in my room as people came to greet me. Soon it was time for the naming to start so I went to bath and dressed in a sky blue dry lace sewed into Iro and buba (a traditional attire) and my ofi gele beautiful wrapped on my head pairing it with a gold earrings and necklace, with a gold 4inches block heels and a gold purse I put my scaf on the left side of my shoulder making it drop like a muffler.

Looking at my cute baby already dressed by her grandmother in a pink readymade gown, which has lace at the upper part and a beautiful bow on the left side are the breast area, and a pleated net material on the lower side. A pink head band with white bow place on her head and a white socks. As she was wrapped in a pink shawl with white stripes.

My husband was dressed in the same material as mine looking handsome in his buba and Sokoto And his Agbada (a traditional attire for men) as he paired it with a black pencil mouth Italy shoe and a fila (cap) made from ofi neatly placed on his head. I looked at my husband and smiled we weren't a perfect couple and he has his flaws and I have mine but we do work things out.

We head outside with the baby in my arm as we were ushered to sit under the tent made for us. I looked around to see tent placed everywhere as the whole street was filled with well wishers.

The pastors were seated on the high table which include the founder of my church pastor L.O Ogunkola, his wife some evangelist and young pastors from church, at a Conner near the speaker I saw the choirs fro the church, also some church members, under another tent are the spring ladies sitted and association of females who help each other. Also under another tent was orisun-ayo cooperative members, mercy of God c.i.c.s cooperative members, people from orisumbare where my shop is and all others I can't count.

After pastor Ogunkola had delivered the message he then asked the child to be brought forward for naming. Every one was on their feet as the choirs sang
"Glory be to the father"
"And to the son"
"And to the holy spirit"
"So as it was in the beginning"
"And it is now"
"And so shall it be to the everytime and till the end"
"Amen"

Pastor Ogunkola pov

What are the names given to this child? I asked asked immediately the choirs stopped singing and the child was placed in my hands by my wife.

"IFEOLUWA, ELIZABETH, ADENIKE, OLUWASEMILOORE, OLUWATUNMISE, TEMITOPE, ENIADEOLUWA, OLUWADEMILADE, ANIKE. THE DAUGHTER OF MR AND MRS ADESINA.

Evan. Oluwole read out the names of the child as the guests also chorused along with him.

Go on your kneels I said talking to the parents of Ifeoluwa as I prayed for them and their baby.

Omolara

After pastor Ogunkola has prayed for us, the party began as everyone are and drank to their satisfaction just then it started raining thanks to the tents we weren't affected that much.

As I was about to take my baby inside because of the breeze , the cateral who is my friend came to me to inform me that she lost her car key. Haaaaa!! How did it happened? I asked.

It feel in the drainage and the water carried away it before I could take it, but don't worry I will go make a duplicate but I have to drop my car here till tomorrow and get another car to help me take my things to my shop. she explained.

Don't worry I will get you I car to do that I said with a sad smile. Okay she replied and left.

I made my way into my room as my family took care of the guest when it was around evening the rain has stopped so I went out to greet the remaining guest around.

After which everyone has departed cleaning began and later at night every on went to sleep.

There you go sweetheart 💞

Short chapter? Yes I know apologies. Am kind of busy and it won't be good if I didn't update for you guys. I promise next chapter will be better 😘

Ramadan is coming soon am so excited are you?💃💃
Also let me know your thoughts on this chapter.
Thanks for reading so far God bless you
Plz kindly like, vote and comment

By voting just click on the star ⭐ icon below I love you guys 🙏❤️