3

Khairah was up all night reading her books. She is starting her final exam today so she was revising her books. The exam was a rushed one, it was scheduled to take place for five days. Even other exams last for eight to ten days, so how could final year exam be completed in five days? She thought.

She did her morning business very fast and rushed out of the house after eating her breakfast.

When she got to the University gate, she met her best forever friend waiting for her. The usually annoying Talha was silent murmuring all the Duas she knows under her breathe.

"Don't worry, all will be well Inshallah" Khairah encouraged.

"Inshallah" Talha repeated after her.

"Woaw who knows exam can make you silent like this?" Khairah asked unbelievably as she chuckled at Talha who just rolled her eye at her.

They both entered the exam hall.

It was in the late evening when they finished their exams.

The two girls part ways and went on their separate ways.

It was already dark before Khairah drop at the bus stop so she decided to get coffee at the nearby cafe.

She got her coffee and was on her way home when she smelt a delicious scent. She hurriedly move towards her house so that she won't loose her sanity.

But the the closer she move towards her house the more the scent gets stronger.

Just when she's eight house away from hers, she heard a scream. She turn the corner going the opposite way to her house as she move closer to where the sound was coming from.

"Don't meddle with other's business" something ringed a bell in her head but she ignored as she move closer to the sweet scent. She have never smelt a scent this sweet.

She started hearing some voice so she hide behind the tree.

She glanced at her wrist watch and saw the time "10:29". Gosh! It's late she thought.

She peeped and saw a guy holding a gun while playing with the tips while another guy was pleading for mercy.

"Who sent you?" A very simple question said with a cold voice that could kill.

"I......pl..ease..the..ey threatened me" he said sweating.

When the cold guy heard his reply he corked his gun.

"I will tell you.....please don't kill me" he pleaded. The cold guy gave him a questioned look and he hurriedly said:

"It's Scorpion"

Immediately he said that he was shot in the head and he lay down dead.

"Gift his head to Scorpion" the cold guy said to his second in command.

"Yes boss" the guy replied.

Khairah gasped when she felt something on her leg. She looked down and her eye met with a shinning little creature.

"Snake! It's bit her?" She thought unbelievable as she started feeling pains on the leg. She kicked her leg and the creature slipped away.

She haven't over come her shock when she was dragged by two guys.

"What? What does she do?" She thought.

"Boss I think she saw us" said on of the guys.

"Kill her" he cold guy said simply and walk away.