ch eight

"Hey"
I heard a voice from behind. I turned to see who it was.
"Are you going to the canteen?"
Pari, my friend asked.
"Ohh h-haha yeah. Let's go together."
I said.
Was I scared?
I thought for a moment.
But why was I scared? What was that feeling?
What is happening today?
I thought deliberately while walking toward the canteen through the corridor.

"Hey what happened to you today?"
Pari asked.

I shrugged my shoulder and said
"I don't know man. But it feels like someone watching."

"Watching you?"

"Yeah. It feels weird today."

"Hmm. Maybe someone who likes you is staring at you."
She said while I gave out a sigh.

If only it could be just that.

"Maybe the child who asked you out is still looking for you."
Avni said while snickering.
Pari accompanied her and snickered.

"Arghh! You guys are so annoying!"
I said in an irritated manner and started to walk fastly.

"Haha Ok ok sorry, wait for us."

They both said and tried to catch me up.

Time passed as the school came to its nearing. But still, that feeling that sensation didn't subside for even a second.
To be honest I wanted to cry. See I am not a crybaby.
(Says who cries every third day).

Well, I would cry but that's because of my studies. I crave academic validation and there's nothing I give a fuck about other than my studies.
But this time I am not worried cuz of my studies.
But then what is it?
Suddenly the bell rang it was now the 8 period, the last one.
It was a free period so we were allowed to roam on the ground.
Now that I remember I looked at that girl - jane. She was surrounded by other students. My friends didn't give much attention to her. So we picked up our bags and ran toward the ground as we were getting our freedom. The free period is seriously like the splash of water you can get while walking in a brown desert.
We can talk, play and of course gossip without any interruptions.
We can stare at guys and couples walking together. And then talk about how they got together. (It's fun okay?! Don't judge me but this is the age where we really notice boys and of course for me girls too. Yeah I swing both ways.)
My whole friend circle was sitting together.
Ohh yeah! Let me introduce some of my friends, there is my bestie avni. My friend jass, pari, Anushka, preksha, ridhima and Aditi.
Yeah...I have quite a much friends ik.
And hey there are no guys cuz....well don't have any particular reason.
I do talks with guys in my class but I don't have a particular best friend.

"Soo! It came on Charvi!!"
Pari said.
Oh god. Why me I said In my mind.
We were playing truth and dare when the bottle turned my way.

"Fine! I choose dare."
I said accepting my faith and of course, making the game a little spicy.

Everyone's eyes bulged out.

Oh gosh! I did a mistake.
"Who gonna ask?!!" pari asked excitedly.
"Ohh me! I have one question." Anushka said, with a smirk.
And her smirks are dangerous...but as dangerous it is, as fun it gets.

"Sooo..."
She was going to say while everyone's focus was on her and I was praying she won't say what I was thinking.

"Go and ask out a guy from our class."
And....she said what I was thinking.

Everyone was looking at me with glittering eyes hungry for some drama.
I took a min but couldn't ignore the hunger of my girls.

"Okay...fine!!"
I said listlessly.
But whom was the question?

Before I could ask them suddenly I heard someone calling me from the back.
I turned around and what I saw made my heart thump.

....she was standing in front of me. The one that has the same name as jane.
We were looking at each other and I don't know how but everything grew silent.
Well, I guess they got a better drama now.

We were just staring at each other.
I needed to tilt my head up to see in her eyes as she was quite taller than me.
I didn't notice much before but now I can see atleast a 5'8 feet tall women infront of me.
It was a wow moment for me cuz I never saw a woman as tall as her in front of my eyes before and there was a hint of jealousy because of my 5'5 height.
I thought I didn't notice many things before. How could I not notice her beauty?
Oh gosh! She was Ethereal! Her beauty was at the level of trapping anyone with just a look in their way. It was as if she was made to capture people. Seduce them and make them forever devoted to her.
But the thing that amused me was that the feeling I was getting from the morning suddenly disappeared.
She saw I was starting to zone out so she broke the silence first.

"Hi."
She said.
"Umm. hi."
I said hesitantly.
I looked at her with squinted eyes as it was taking quite a long for her to say the next sentence.

"Umm... I know someone with the same name as you."

Don't tell me.

"I wanted to just confirm if you are her."

No. please no.

"Do you know....bear."

Yes, it was happening.

She looked at me with hopeful eyes as if she wanted me to be the Charvi she knows.

I was happy, to be honest. I always wanted to meet jane. In just three months she became such an important person in my life. As if she was a part of me. Before I would even complain she knows what is the problem. With her, I never needed to maintain that cheerful personality of mine. I can be truly me in front of her.

I smiled.

"Yeah. I know bear. I am happy to see you jane."

I said to her as I forget everything, I just wanted to smile at her.
So I just raised the corners of my cheeks and smiled.

Maybe my love for jane as a friend stood smaller than her love for me.
Because she was happier than me.
And I felt guilty that I wasn't even as happy as her.
Her eyes were telling everything. Everything.
Tears that were telling her to let them go and her arms that wanted to wrap around my waist so badly. And how she was controlling herself. It was so transparent to see.
Until now I always thought that I was the one who was more attached.

But no.... that's not true at all.
I was wrong completely.

Now that I think I was wrong regarding many things.

And that may become the reason for my demise.