𝟬𝟮𝟭. . . going crazy

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE !

[ real life, imessage ]

- ❝ GOING CRAZY ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

astoria has been in brazil for just over a week now, and it's safe to say that she's going crazy

she wishes she could say it's just because of her family constantly being around, her grandparents often reminding her of how tall she's gotten, or the stress of preparing for christmas.

it's christmas eve today, which is technically actual christmas for astoria because that's when it's celebrated in brazil. she actually prefers it that way, since she's never been a morning person and the thought of opening presents and having to be social right after she wakes up sounds like torture. the giddy feeling of excitement she has all the way until the evening used to annoy her as kid, but now she kind of loves it.

it's about six-thirty, not long before the sun is due to set. astoria's family usually eat and open gifts pretty early, so that they all have some time to enjoy the last moments of daylight at the beach. luckily, the santos house is right on the sand, so astoria and her brother can go swimming whenever they feel like it.

up until now, christmas has been more than enjoyable. now though, she is in fact going crazy.

she sits on her bed, and the poorly wrapped present from chris seems to stare at her as she tries her best to ignore it. while mason brought down some gifts from his friends to open in front of family, astoria purposely left chris' gift hidden under her bed because the thought of opening something from him in front of her mom and brother especially, who are very much aware of her hatred for the boy, made her feel violently ill.