𝟬𝟰𝟲. . . mine

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX !

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX !

[ social media, real life ]

— ❝ MINE ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

"are the angsty songs attacking me really necessary?"

"yes. now shut up and finish listening to mr. perfectly fine."

chris sighs, rolling over on the grass. astoria watches him with a smile, readjusting the airpod in her ear. for the past hour, they've been in some random park, lying in the grass listening to all of astoria's favorite songs. she's decided that if she's forced to listen to all of his playlists whenever she's at his house — which she honestly doesn't mind that much since chris has good music taste — then he needs to become accustomed to her favorite artists, too.

the sound of taylor swift's voice fades out and another song begins, and astoria smiles as she recognizes the instrumentals of the first few seconds. chris furrows his eyebrows, not recognizing the song. he sits up, looking at her with a puzzled expression, but astoria is too busy nodding her head along with the song to notice.

"what's this?" he asks.

"shh, just listen," she replies. "you'll like it, i promise." he nods, falling quiet and now fully immersing himself in the song.

pour another bottle to the floor, love
pushin' for it, oh, you know i want some

astoria smiles to herself, listening to the familiar tune of the song. she'd forgotten how much she loved it until she played it the other day and realized how much it reminded her of the boy sitting next to her.

speaking of chris, he's slightly nodding his head to the beat, silently gazing in front of him as he listens intently to the lyrics.

as she's looking at him, astoria thinks about how unbelievably lucky she is to have someone like him. after all those years of her holding a stupid grudge against him, years of treating him like absolute shit out of spite to mask what she actually feels for him — she knows she doesn't deserve him.