𝟬𝟯𝟲. . . only ever been yours to break

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX !

[ real life ]

- ❝ ONLY EVER BEEN YOURS TO BREAK ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

the drive to the beach is only about fifteen minutes, so the group don't mind being split up for a bit

the drive to the beach is only about fifteen minutes, so the group don't mind being split up for a bit. in kali's car, there's her, luna, nick, and skye, and the rest of them are in matt's car. astoria sits behind matt, with mal in the middle and dante on the right, and chris in the passenger seat. she claimed aux as soon as she got in the minivan, deciding that this car journey will consist of as many chase atlantic songs as possible. she's hopeful she'll at least get 5 songs in, despite the journey being short.

"oh fuck, i'm almost out of gas," matt says, quickly turning his head to the backseats as he speaks. "we're gonna have to stop."

dante just shrugs, nodding. chris takes one last sip of his pepsi and puts the empty can back down in the cup holder. "i'm gonna grab more pepsi while you're getting gas," he tells matt, who rolls his eyes.

"really?" he questions. "that was already your fourth one today."

"and?" chris says. "it's not like i have a dentist appointment anytime soon, so i'm good."

matt just sighs, not bothering to answer as he pulls into the gas station. astoria pauses the music as he opens the door and steps out. there's the sound of someone's stomach rumbling, and the four of them still in the car all look at each other weirdly, mal failing to hold in her laughter and chuckling under her breath. "who was that?" she asks.

"definitely not me," dante says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. chris nods his head in agreement. "it wasn't me either," he says, and all eyes suddenly turn to astoria, who shrugs.