~Chapter Eleven~

The next morning I was woken up to my alarm going off. I didn't want to get out of bed. My head hurt, my eyes burned, and I was still so fucking mad at myself. So...that's what I decided I was doing. I was staying in bed today.

Fuck school. Fuck volleyball. Fuck Kenma. Fuck everything.

I turned my phone on to do not disturb mode and tried to go back to sleep. I just wanted to sleep the whole fucking day away. I was almost back asleep when I heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it?"

"It's just me." I heard my mom at the door.

"Come in." I said. She opened the door and came in.

"You're usually downstairs by now, I wanted to come check on you."

"I'm staying home. I'm not feeling the best." I said. My voice still sounded super nasally from crying last night, which helped my case.

"Alright, is there anything I can bring you?"

"No, I'll be fine." I said.

"Okay, I gotta go to work, but call me if you need anything." She said before walking out of my room again. I laid there doing nothing. I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. I couldn't though. I was stuck in my head.

Instead of laying in bed doing nothing, I got up and headed to my computer. I threw on my headset, opened spotify and turned my music on to listen to while I played some video games. I decided to play Minecraft. I hopped onto one of my main servers and started playing.

All playing minecraft did was remind me of Kenma.

I still can't believe I fucked up with him.

I only played a few rounds before retreating back to my bed in a fit of tears. I curled up under my covers and clutched onto my pillow and bawled.

I pulled out my phone to text Bokuto. I knew he was at school, but he's always sending me memes during the day anyways, so I knew he was on it. I didn't wanna ask him to text me during class so I just told him to call me when he got home from practice.

I laid in my bed and cried until my phone rang around lunch. It was my mom.

"Hey." I answered Still crying.

"Hey, I just called to check on you. Are you okay?"

"No...I'm not. I...I think I lost Kenma. I came out to him last night and talked to him about what I'd talked to you about and it just. It didn't go well." I squeezed my pillow harder and just cried.

"Do you need me to come home? Are you okay to be alone right now?" She asked.

"I'll be fine. I'm just...heartbroken, I guess would be the word."

"Alright...I love you, Tetsu."

"I love you too mom." I replied before I hung up. I threw my phone to the bottom of my bed and cried some more.

~~~

I'd lost track of time and was pulled out of my head when my phone started going off.

"Hey, talk to me. What's up?" It was Bokuto.

"I've been crying all day. I didn't even bother with school. I just feel numb at this point."

"What can I do to help?"

"I don't know Bo."

"Have you eaten anything today?" He asked.

"No."

"Get dressed. I'm on my way over." He said. The line went dead after that. Our schools weren't too far apart, so give or take half an hour and he'd be here. I got up and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and then headed downstairs to wait for Bokuto.

I'd zoned out sitting there and was pulled from my thoughts again when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it up to see Bokuto.

"Let's go. We're gonna get you out of the house for a minute to get some food." He said. I just shrugged.

I followed him out the door and he started leading me down the street to the main part of town.

"I ran into Kenma on the way here." He said.

"And?"

"He looked pretty rough too."

"You think I should talk to him, don't you?" I asked.

"I do. I can be there if you need me to.

"Camp. We leave tomorrow. We can talk there." I suggested.

"Yeah, that works. Now, where do you wanna grab food from?" He asked.

"You pick. If I had a choice I'd still be in my room." I said. He nodded and thought for a minute. He led me to one of his favorite burger places in town.

"I want to text him. I don't know if he'd even answer though." I said when we sat down.

"Do it anyway."

"What do I even say?"

"Ask him how school was, say you weren't feeling well this morning and that's why you didn't go." He shrugged. I pulled out my phone and sent a text just asking how school was. Now I wait.

Bokuto and I talked a bit about camp while we were out. Just something to distract my mind for a moment. We were both captains, so we both had some say in what our teams were doing.

When our food came out we stopped talking and just ate. Once we were done we paid and we left.

I'd checked my phone probably a hundred times since the text was sent. He never answered me back. 

~Word Count~
~917~