~Chapter Fourteen~

The next morning we woke up still cuddled up together. I can honestly say that's the best I've slept in a while.

I woke up before Kenma did, so I laid there and looked at how peaceful he looked. No anxiety or worry on his face, just complete peace.

He did eventually wake up to find me smiling at him.

"Morning."

"Morning, Kuro." He gave a tired smile back. He definitely wasn't ready to wake up yet.

"You ready to kick some ass?" I asked.

"Yeah...after some more cuddles. I'm...I'm kinda enjoying this..." he said quietly. My heart fluttered. He might actually have feelings for me like I do for him.

"I'll hold you for as long as I'm able to." I said with a smile still on my face. And that's what I did. I laid there with him in my arms, both of us starting to fall back asleep. I hated having to wake him back up, but eventually I had to so we could get ready for practice.

As we got dressed I saw he had a small smile on his face every time I glanced over at him. I want to spend the rest of my life looking at his smile.

"Are you about ready?" I asked him as soon as I was finished getting ready.

"Yeah, you can go and wait outside if you want. I'll be out in like two minutes, if that." He said.

"Alright. I - I'll see you out there." I smiled. I almost said 'I love You.' I wish I could, but I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

I headed outside and sat down next to Bokuto when I saw him sitting against the building.

"Waiting for Akaashi?"

"Yep. Waiting for Kenma?" He replied.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Any update between the two of you?"

"Well, last night he asked to sleep with me and cuddle. We both woke up smiling and in good moods. And then I almost told him I love him, but I caught myself before I did. But God, I want to just be able to tell him that."

"You two are adorable, you know that." Bokuto said with a smile.

"You think?"

"Yeah. I really hope it works out for you guys."

"Me too." I said. Not long after, Kenma and Akaashi walked out together talking about some volleyball strategy. I didn't quite catch the end of the conversation, but I knew it pertained to setting so it wasn't very useful for me.

"You two ready to grab breakfast?" Akaashi asked. Bokuto and I stood up off the ground and led the way over to the cafeteria.

~~~

Our first game of the day was on court A against Karasuno. I wanted to see Tsukki actually put in some effort this time.

Kenma and I sent a bunch of our attacks straight in the direction of Tsukki. They were easy ones to block too, I wasn't jumping at full height. Even so, more than half of them got through and either earned a point for us or their back row had to receive them. I wasn't even on his team and I was getting frustrated. I can only imagine how his team was feeling. He's a gaping hole in their line of defense.

Needless to say we easily won that match and got to enjoy watching them do the punishment for losing. As soon as they were done doing that, we were thrown right into another match against Shinzen.

~~~

The day went by fairly quick to be honest. Nothing really interesting happened. We won most of our games, fucked around with Bokuto just a little bit, just our usual.

We got a group together to work on some random skills after we had dinner. Kenma, Bo, Akaashi, Lev, Yaku, Tsukki, HInata, Sugawara, Daichi, and I all gathered into a gym and played some five on five.

I was right before though, Karasuno is getting annoyed with Tsukki not giving his best. Suga and Daichi both were scolding him about it as we practiced. He eventually got fed up with it and left.

"Has he been this way since he started with your team?" I asked.

"Yeah, unfortunately. He doesn't put in any extra effort that he doesn't have to and we're running out of ideas on what to try to get him to give us more." Suga said.

"I'm not even on your team and it's frustrating me to no fucking end."

"Same. You guys are a bit challenging to play against, don't get me wrong, but Tsukki is a major hole in your blockers." Bokuto said,

"We know. Do you guys have any ideas on what to do?" Daichi asked.

"Honestly, he probably won't listen to anyone that he's not close to. He's close to your number twelve, isn't he?" Kenma asked.

"Yamaguchi, yeah. The two of them came onto the team together. Maybe if he says something it'll get through to him." Sugawara confirmed.

"Good. I hope you guys get that sorted. You'll never make it to nationals unless he fixes his shit, and I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get to face you on that court." Kenma said. He was one of the most excited ones on our team when it came to nationals. He wants to play a game against Karasuno where it's an immediate game over once you lose.

Daichi went to find Yamaguchi to talk to him about Tsukki, leaving us with eight players now so we switched to playing four on four.

We played game after game until we were exhausted. Hinata was the only one still jumping and still going as if he never lost any energy to begin with. I wish I had that kind of energy.

Kenma and I decided to call it a night and headed back to the dorm to shower and sleep.

"Are we doing the same as last night?" I asked Kenma.

"Can we? You don't mind?" He asked.

"Not at all." I smiled. The two of us laid down in our usual spot cuddled up the same way we did last night. We both were much less nervous this time around. I didn't feel as tense and frozen as I did last night. We both fell asleep easily. 

~Word Count~
~1043~