𝗑𝗂𝗂. 𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗇𝗈 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌

xii

xii. say no to this

     "Did I interrupt something?" Landon asked as Henrik stood by the door

"Well—" Henrik started.

"No...no, what do you want to talk about?" Jewel patted the bed, gesturing for Landon to sit beside her.

"Could've fooled me." Jeremy snickered.

"Gem, I'll be in the car." Henrik winked at Jewel before he left her and Landon alone.

"So...my mom got pregnant by fricken malivore and now she's leaving...again." Landon explained to Jewel as he sat beside her.

"Oh..." Jewel replied with a sigh gently escaping her lips. "I'm sorry?" she added.

"Yeah, I kinda expected that reaction." Landon chuckled nervously.

Jewel outstretched her arms towards him. "C'mere you freak of nature." she joked as she tried to lighten the mood.

"Real original, J," Landon smiled as he wrapped his arms around her. "...Thank you."

"Oh, we're on nickname basis now." Elena chuckled.

"Them," Kol pointed to the screen. "Never gonna happen."

Aloha rubbed Kol's shoulder, "Calm down."

"Always." Jewel smiled as she allowed Landon to lay in the crook of her neck.

While the two were enjoying the quiet, they heard something rummaging in the bathroom. Jewel and Landon pulled away and arose from the bed.

"Huge fish." Landon announced as he backed away from the bathroom door.

"Lan...that's not a fish." Jewel stepped in front of Landon.

"Ictus." Henrik, with Alaric behind him, chanted as he burst threw the door.