𝗑𝗏. 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖺 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄

xv

xv. take a break:

      "CAN you like, not be the overbearing boyfriend for like two seconds?" Hope asked Henrik who was blowing up Jewel's phone

"Look, I want to ask her to be my girlfriend but she's going to tell her parents what happened in the dream and I want to make sure she is alright, Hope." Henrik sighed as he sent Jewel one last message before he turned off his phone.

     "I think it's thoughtful." Enzo agreed to the boy's failed attempts of contacting his daughter.

"Well, Hen, it's not going well is it? Give her space. And let her enjoy her spring break." Hope encouraged her brother to leave her best friend alone.

     Henrik rolled his eyes as he looked out the window of the van. "Yeah, at least one of us can. We are stuck in a van with all these people." he grumbled.

      "Couldn't one of us take them for some sort of trip for spring break? They are miserable." Kol asked.

     "Tell me about it," Kaleb agreed with Henrik before he looked over at Ric. "Dr. Saltzman, this van is very...white of you."

          "It's retro." Ric corrected.

     "Definitely white." Marcel agreed with Kaleb.

       "It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie rolled her eyes.

       Hope reached down to grab her snacks. "I brought snacks." she announced as she turned back to hand them to Emma, Dorian, and Henrik.

      "Oh, sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow.

      "Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" Hope scoffed.

         "So, the decided not to?" Kol asked himself.

       "Oh, we really could've. Anything would be better than this death trap on wheels." Henrik butted into their conversation as he popped a piece of candy into his mouth.