Chapter 2

Tulip walked with her kids, letting out a small sigh as they were escorted. A maid opened the door, Phileo and Leonia looking over already seated at the table. "You're late"Phileo comments narrowing his eyes. "I see the other woman isn't here"Tulip comments causing the man to stiffen a little. She took her seat, sitting as faraway from the two as she could, her kids sitting with her. "Thank you for inviting us for dinner, Lady Leonia"Tulip mutters. "You're welcome"Leonia says quietly, looking down. "Leo?"Phileo says. "Did something hapoen between you two?"Leonia asks. "Mom is much more distant with you now Dad, and she seems upset that theirs another woman here"Leonia says. The girl stopped, piecing it together, then sighed. "Oh"Leonia mutters.

"Nothing happened between us, Lady Leonia"Tulip sighed. "Mom, stop calling me that!"Leonia yelled getting to her feet. Tulip looked at Leonia startled, her eyes wide. "Do you know how upset I was when you vanished?! I always went to your favorite spots and spent time there hoping you'd come back,and now after five years you're being cold towards us!"Leonia yelled. "Leonia"Phileo says. Leonia ran out of the room, Tulip narrowing her eyes. "I'll go talk to her, enjoy dinner"Phileo sighed getting to his feet. Tulip glanced at him, noticing he was staring at Ethan. Ethan kept his eyes down, silently eating his foot. Phileo sighed and looked away, leaving the room. "You kids eat, then lets leave"Tulip orders gently. She handed Ethan a biscuit, a small smile on her face. "Hello." She stood up, her eyes widening. "I'm Lady Baria, are you Tulip?"The woman greets. "Kids, lets go"Tulip commands.

Ethan glared at Baria, a golden aura appearing around him. "ETHAN!"Tulip yells grabbing his arms. "Sorry Mama..."Ethan says quietly. "We leave now!"Tulip says quickly, burying her children out. "I...just wanted to talk with her..."Baria blinked surprised. Tulip slammed the doors shut to her home, her hands trembling. "Ethan, what did I say..."Tulip demands shakily. "I'm sorry Mommy..."Ethan says. Tulip hugged him tight, startling her eldest child. He hugged her back, closing his eyes. "I'm sorry Mom, I didn't mean to get so irritated"Ethan says. "It's okay, it's not your fault, let's just get ready for bed alright"Tulip smiled. She herded her kids upstairs, Azure helping her get them all bathed and clothed. "Goodnight Mom!" She chucked, tucking them in, her expression softening. She walked out of the room, yawning as she headed to her own. She changed into her nightgown and climbed into bed.

Ethan opened his eyes and sat up, carefully climbing out of bed and leaving the room. The sound of the front door opening and closing filled his ears, Phileo walking into the mansion and looking around, holding a fancy looking box. "Why are you here?"Ethan demanded coming down the stairs, staring the man down. "You should be asleep"Phileo scolds quietly. "You shouldn't be entering someones home while they're asleep"Ethan spat coldly. Phileo narrowed his eyes, Ethan looking away annoyed. "You're the reason my mom is like this"Ethan says lowly. He glared at the man, his eyes glowing, shocking Phileo. "You're...."Phileo mutters. "When I'm older, I'm gonna make a lot of money and get my mom and siblings a house far away from you and those wench's...then..I'm gonna come burn your home down, along with everyone in it"Ethan promised.

"I don't care who you are or why you keep bothering my mom, but you have a perfectly happy life with your wife and daughter, leave my mother alone.."Ethan scowled. He slammed the gift out of Phileo's hand, startling the man when the child stomped the broach inside, breaking it in two. "Goodnight.."Ethan says bowing his head. He turned and walked away, Phileo staring after him. "He's my son...that means..the other two..."Phileo mutters covering his mouth. He picked up the box and the broach, walking out of the mansion, feeling dizzy. Ethan watched him from a hall window, a scowl on his face. "Ethan, why are you awake, what was that noise?"Azure says walking over concerned. "Sorry, I lost my way to the kitchen, I'm thirsty"Ethan responds his expression changing instantly. "Come on"Azure giggled taking his hand, leading him to the kitchen.

The moment the sun started to rise Tulip was outside, checking for any herbal plants around the area for her to use for some magic practice. "Duchess Tulip." She turned, her eyes widening in shock at the sight of maids and guards. "What?"Tulip stared stunned. "Duke Boleoti sent us to serve you"A guard informs bowing his head. "Absolutely not!"Tulip gasped. "You have to accept them, as the duchess of Boleoti." Phileo marched forward, staring her down. "I didn't agree to be Duchess or anything!!"Tulip retorted sharply, her hands trembling. "Mommy"Isis blinked walking over, looking curiously at the maids and guards. "Duke Boleoti!"Aisha beamed bowing her head respectfully. Ethan scowled, Phileo staring the boy down. "No..."Tulip mutters realization hitting her at the knowing look on Phileo's face. "You cannot hide the fact that they're my children anymore"Phileo comments.